XXIII

Sitting around at dinner with Jackson and Tamani, later that evening, Aislyn sat picking at her food, lost in thought.

Snapping out of it, she heard Jackson ask, "Where's Logan?"

Delicately dabbing the corner of her mouth with a napkin, Aislyn replied, "I suspect he's a bit occupied but he should be here shortly."

Groaning simultaneously, Jackson and Tamani both dropped their cutlery, and Jackson pushed his chair back from the table.

"What have you done this time?"

"Nothing! I-"

"AISLYN!"

Scrambling from her seat, she ran behind Jackson and peered out from behind his back.

"It was an accident! I swear it!" She yelled back, trying to hide her grin from a bewildered Jackson and Tamani.

Thundering steps could be heard barrelling down the stairs before Logan stormed his way through the doorway.

"What have you done to my hair!"

Logan's once blonde locks now were a vibrant fuscia that didn't mix well with the redness of his furious face.

Aislyn snorted, before slapping a hand over her mouth.

Stepping out from behind Jackson, she circled a fuming Logan who was virtually snarling at her. She reached up and twirled a pink lock in between her fingers.

"I did you a favour," she simpered, "it suits you."

With a huff, Logan pushed her hand away and stomped his foot on the floor, rattling the silverware on the table.

"Jackson," he whined, "make her turn it back to its usual colour!"

"Ais," started Jackson.

"Can't. Sorry," she chuckled as she slowly backed out of the room, "it's permanent... the flowers I crushed to dye it with stain everything."

To demonstrate she pulled a glove off and showed them her bright pink hand.

Jackson lunged forward and attempted to grab her, a growl rumbling from his throat.

Laughing, Aislyn launched herself up the stairs and hastily locked her bedroom door seconds before Jackson threw himself into it.

Chuckling to herself as he carried on thumping on it, Aislyn quietly pried open her window and swung her legs over it.

"One. Two. Three," she whispered before pushing herself off and landing gracefully on her feet, two stories below.

Hearing Jackson still shouting, she tiptoed back into the dining room, throwing a wink at a bewildered Jackson and Tamani.

Holding a finger up to her lips, she pointed up to the ceiling, which was reverberating from Logan stomping around, and whispered, "window".

Rolling his eyes, Jackson grabbed his fork and resumed eating.

After several minutes of a fuming Logan demanding Aislyn to come out of the room, he finally stormed downstairs.

"Unbe-fucking-lievable! No one is going to take me seriously-"

He stomped short at seeing Aislyn, who casually waved her knife at him as she took a sip from her cup.

Spinning around to face the stairs, the back at Aislyn, then back at the stairs, he muttered to himself, "What the fuck?"

Aislyn couldn't hold it in any longer. Spewing water from her nose, Aislyn choked on her laughter, slapping her hands down on the table.

Everyone else burst into laughter at her face.