Chapter 11: Part 1

The carriage rolled over the bumpy country road with Galen and Aislyn inside, a bag filled with fine clothing, laying at their feet

Letting out an exaggerated sigh, Aislyn lay down on the bench and rested her head on Galen's lap. Galen didn't react and merely continued to stare out of the window, humming a quiet tune under his breath.

Aislyn sighed again, only this time louder, and when Galen once again paid her no heed, she did it again. Finally drawing his eyes away from the window, he turned his gaze on her and glowered.

He jerked his knee up, jostling her head, he asked her, "What are you moaning about?"

Aislyn craned her head back to look at him before replying, "We have to get off in a few minutes."

"Why?"

"Because Jackson barely bought the lie that I had to go back to the prison for an update on my record. He'd ask too many questions when the driver tells him that he dropped us off at some fancy mansion in the middle of nowhere."

Galen scratched his head saying, "That's a good point, I didn't think about that."

"It's so difficult having both the beauty and brains in this relationship," tutted Aislyn, closing her eyes again.

Galen snorted and pushed her off his lap where she landed in a heap on the floor, spewing out curses strong enough to curdle milk.

She sat up and pushed the hair out of her eyes, pulling off the glove on her right hand.

Galen cocked his head to the side and looked at her in confusion.

"Plus," she said, waiting to draw out the suspense, "if the driver didn't tell on us, Logan would."

"Huh?"

Aislyn got to her feet and placed her index finger on the roof of the carriage, pointing upwards, "He's been hiding on the roof."

With that, Aislyn sent a sharp spark through the wooden panels on the roof where it struck Logan. After a loud yelp and a thud, Aislyn thumped her fist on the front wall of the carriage and yelled at the driver to pull over.

She swung the door open and jumped out, landing nimbly, and walked a few feet back down the road they had just come up and stood, hands braced on her hips, and stared down at Logan with a disapproving look on her face.

Logan was writhing on the ground in pain, a combination from the fall and the shock Aislyn had given him. Aislyn, ignoring her grunts of pain, nudged his side with the boot and scolded him, "I told you that you weren't ready, but you've got it in your fucking thick head that you could be of help. Well, you can't."

"I can! I just need some training, I'm strong! I'm stronger than you," he insisted, still groaning in pain.

Aislyn threw her hands up in the air, delivering another kick to Logan, replying, "You fucking boys. Just because I'm a girl, you think that you're superior! You puff up your chests and wiggle your balls in each other's faces trying to prove that you're the better man! Well, I'll tell you something, I ain't got balls but my metaphorical ones would crush you, princess."

Galen, who had remained in the carriage but was peering out the open door, chuckled, drawing Aislyn attention back to him.

"Galen, could you please help Logan back into the carriage. He won't be able to do it himself."

"Yes, I will be able to! And I'm coming with you."

Aislyn rolled her eyes and turned back to his figure on the ground. She crouched down and braced a hand against his chest, "No you won't," she said to him, before sweetly smiling, "Night night."

A shock erupted from the palm of her hand and went straight into Logan's chest. He twitched violently for a second before falling unconscious.

Galen walked over and grabbed his arm, pulling him up far enough to sling him over his shoulder and deposit him in the carriage. But he looked over his shoulder to mutter, "I don't think I'm superior to you."

Aislyn winked at him and replied, "No, you don't think that. You know I am."

Aislyn followed Galen and grabbed the bag, then went over to the driver to inform him that they were going to walk the rest of the way and that Leader Logan had fallen asleep.

"When did you get that spark power?" Asked Galen, watching the carriage disappear.

"I swiped a vial of blood from that guy Tyler in Luxor and I also got one vial from someone who manipulated water and one who could make things levitate."

"How did I miss that? When did you fuse your blood?"

Aislyn sniggered and cracked her knuckled, "When I got my revenge on Logan."

"You're so over the top, you know, that right?"

"Yep."

Aislyn, throwing the bag at Galen, began to make her way over to the trees, looking for a spot with good coverage. After a few minutes of walking around, she found a place that was sheltered enough by some shrubs that no one would be able to see them from the road, but not so much so that they wouldn't be able to hear someone approaching.

Wordlessly, Galen handed her the bag and she took out his set of clothes and handed them to him, then grabbed her own. Aislyn herself had made both their outfits, a hobby she enjoyed in her spare time. Much to her dismay Galen was even more skilled than she was, although she'd never admit it. It seemed to her that he had more patience when working on the fiddly details so she often sketched her ideas, made the basic outfit and left the tricky designs to Galen. The pair frequently dressed in matching clothes when they stayed in their place of work.

Raven's consisted out deep purple silk trousers that bunched at the ankles had a black sash wrapped several times around the waistband with a simple cream shirt with an intricate purple design running up the sleeves. Aislyn had paired his outfit with black leather slipper shoes that let him pad around silently.

Galen and Aislyn both turned away from each other and began undressing, folding up their clothes and leaving them off to the side as they went. Before getting changed, Aislyn lifted her outfit and smiled.

Aislyn's outfit was an ombre jumpsuit that faded from cream to purple. On the fabric was matching stitching to Galen's, on the neckline that hung delicately from her collar bone. The trouser legs flared out and covered the leather slippers that hugged her feet. The sleeves were tight against the tops of her arms, then split down the middle and flared out, the fabric so long that it trailed along the ground. She placed a black crystal headset atop her head, with half of it reaching down and covering her forehead.

Before she had left the Bane Community, she had put in matching black diamond earrings that trailed up her ears and plastered on her cosmetics, but sat down on a rock and looked into a small compact mirror, adding a swipe of black lipstick, that she had made herself, across her lips.

Whilst she busy adding finishing touches, Galen took a pair of delicate silk wrist gloves out of the bag and handed them to her to which she swapped out her other ones.

She then turned back to Galen and stood upon the tips of her toes to comb through his hair with her fingers, brushing his locks of hair out of his eyes and sweeping them behind his ears. She buttoned up his shirt and tucked it in, making sure the collar was smoothed out and unwrinkled.

She took a couple of steps back to look Galen over and nodded once in approval.

"Are we walking there?" Asked Galen when Aislyn began to pack up their old clothes.

"No. That'd take too long, we both know Serilda isn't patient. You'll have to fly, and I'll travel through the trees."

"Are you sure you want to do that?"

Aislyn straightened up to look him in the eye and shrugged her shoulders, "No, but I'll just have to hope I don't cross paths with anyone."

She spun on her heel and placed the bag under some bushes before stretching her arm out to place her hand on a tree trunk. As hundreds of vines swept down and around her, she managed to get out, "Meet you there, hun," before the tree swallowed her up.

Thanks for reading, drop a comment and leave a vote if you enjoyed what you read!