X

Looking back to see three heads bobbing nodding, she went over to the window and tried to open it. Her gloves slipped on the polish surface so she yanked the right one off with her teeth and opened the window fully before yelling, "Get your ugly arse in here!"

As everyone looked at Aislyn questioningly, Tamani was observing her hand. It was a mess. In the centre of her hand, was a large circular scar that stretched taunt whenever she used her fingers. Fingers that looked like they had been broken at least once.

All head snapped towards the window as a flying black object swooped across the room and hit Aislyn in the face.

"You dirty, rotten, minging shit-bag!" she spluttered, wiping the mud out of her eyes.

Their attention suddenly turned as a formidable figure clouded the light filtering through the door. The figure had massive bulging muscles and cropped black hair. With eyes as dark as obsidian, he looked ferocious with features that looked like they had been carved out of marble. Although Jackson was taller, this man was far more muscular.

"You nosey little prick," she scolded, flinging some mud she scraped off her face in his direction, "you were eavesdropping."

Shrugging he entered the room and stood next to her, "Not my fault that you squawk so loud," he said in an accent similar to her own.

Elbowing him the ribs Aislyn said, "Don't be rude," gesturing to Galen, she continued "I met him a year after I was taken, we both found ourselves in... similar situations. Anyway, he's been glued to my side ever since. Can't seem to shake the flea"

Barking out a laugh, Galen gave her a push and said, "That's only because she'd be lost without me."

"Whatever floats your boat."

Pointing at each person, Aislyn began a short, brief introduction, that consisted of naming each person.

Jackson, however, noticed that after she had introduced everyone, she had subtly turned to Galen.

From where he was sitting, he couldn't clearly make out what she whispered to him, but it sounded along the lines of, "Don't forget to call me Aislyn."

"Right!" she announced, "I'm starved, so I'm going to go raid the kitchen. Galen can you," she gestured towards the scrapbooks, "show them the books? He basically knows everything so I'm positive that he's more than happy to answer any questions you may have, wouldn't you, hun?"

Giving him a shove towards the sofas, she started towards the door.

"Eat something healthy," called out Jackson, out of old habit.

"Hahaha good one," was the only reply he got.

As Aislyn sauntered out of the room, Galen picked up one of the books and lay it out on the middle of the floor, "She's so damn unorganised," he grumbled.

Despite his intimidating exterior, Galen was a very sweet person. Almost like the opposite of Aislyn, although it was clear they had the same humour. As he began pointing out some picture Aislyn had drawn, Tamani picked up the other book and opened it to the first page.

On it, were random objects varying from old leaves to torn pieces of fabric.

Running his hand over the page, his heart clenched seeing a little portrait she had painted of her standing next to Galen.

"She did that the first day we started our training," added Galen, looking over Tamani's shoulder.

Sitting down next to him, he asked, "May I?" Gesturing towards the book.