Chapter 17: Part 3 (BONUS)

"Serilda, accompanied by two of her students."

"I hate these damn balls," grumbled Tamani, taking a long sip from his drink.

"That makes two of us," said Jackson.

The two of them stood off to the side of the dance floor, not big fans of either dancing or socialising. They had found from previous experience that the other Leaders weren't particularly fond of socialising with them either, as they were one of the poorer communities, even more so in the last few years.

"Hey, wait," said Jackson, turning to look at the breathtaking woman slowly descending the stairs, "Did they just say 'Serilda'? Why does that name sound familiar?"

"You're right... Didn't Ais-"

"Announcing the presence of Raven and... Azure."

Jackson saw everyone in the room, stop in their tracks to turn and look at the notorious assassin waltz into the room, arm in arm with one of the most formidable men he had ever seen.

"Whoa!" Exclaimed Tamani, "Is... her dress on fire?"

Jackson tuned out Tamani out-loud ponderings and wondered to himself why the couple dancing so elegantly around the dance floor felt so familiar to him.

"Leader Jackson."

Snapping out of his daydreaming Jackson looked over to see Alpha approaching him.

"Leader Maxwell," he said in greeting, holding out his hand, "How are you?"

"Good," replied Alpha, shaking hands, "I just thought I'd come over and say hello."

"Maxwell, I just wanted to apologise for my sister's behaviour, the last time we met. I know there is bad blood between you and in no way do I condoned you for injuring her as you did, but you came to our community in peace and I regret you left in violence."

Waving off his apology, Alpha said, "Forget it, Jackson, I know that's how things are with your sister and we were never destined to get along."

The hearing ruckus from the centre of the room, the four men turned to see what was going on.

The woman he had been watching early was huddled together with her Azure and her partner, clearly in the middle of a heated argument. He thought he saw what looked like smoke between them, but by the time he tried to focus clearly on it, there was nothing there.

He watched on as the small group parted and to his surprise, saw that Serilda was making her way towards him and the others.

Just as she got in within arms reach, Alpha held out his arm out her.

"Serilda, these are the Leaders of the Bane Community, Jackson and Tamani."

Exchanging pleasantries, Jackson observed the way Alpha was stood next to Serilda. The familiarity seemed too strong for them just to be mere acquaintances.

"So, how did you two meet?," asked Tamani, as though he was reading Jackson's mind.

"Oh, well-"

"Serilda," Simpy said Jackson, the connection finally clicking in his head.

"Excuse me?" Asked Serilda, tilting her head to the side, a painfully obvious fake grin pulling her lips up.

"You were my sister, Aislyn's, Galen's and Maxwell's instructor or something weren't you?"

"Yes, I am."

"But," interrupted Tamani, catching on to what Jackson was also thinking, "that means Aislyn must know Azure."

"Oh," sarcastically laughed Serilda, a noise that grated on Jackson's ear, "Aislyn and Azure are very well acquainted."

"She lied to us, Jack," mumbled Tamani, turning his back on Serilda, "I knew there was something suspicious going on."

"Aislyn must have a reason for not telling us, she wouldn't just lie to my face like that."

"Jackson, wake up and smell the bullshit. Look at the way she's been treating you- treating all of us! She's changed since she was taken and you keep on expecting her to behave like your old little sister. You're blind to what's going on."

By the time Tamani had finished, he squared up to Jackson and was struggling to keep his composure in front of Maxwell and Serilda.

And all of a sudden, it made sense to Jackson.

"No...," he said, shaking his head.

"Jack, listen to me-"

"No, not about that."

Jackson spun around to look back at the last place he had seen Azure and Galen and sure enough, they were standing on the opposite side of the room, staring right back at him.

"Tamani," breathed Jackson, surprised at how even his voice stayed, "tell me who we know that looks like that man there. Who looks like they are made of steel. I don't know about you, but only one comes to mind."

"Jack... I don't know what you're going on about."

"It's all so clear now!"

"What is it?" Asked Tamani.

"Azure- Azure is..."

"Aislyn," confirmed Serilda.

Thanks for reading, leave a vote and drop a comment if you enjoyed what you read!