Chapter 10: Part 1

Jackson woke to the sounds of screams coming from Aislyn's room. 

He jumped from his bed, throwing the covers off and as quick as lightning, he had run out of his room and was sprinting in the direction of Aislyn's. 

He got far enough into the corridor to see Aislyn's retreating form bounding down the stairs, shouting, "I'll kill him!"

He ran after her, about to call out her name, when he ran past her room and saw something out of the corner of his eye.

Galen was on the floor, lying on his back, arms tightly clenched around his stomach, trembling. Jackson darted into the room and knelt next to him.

"What's wrong?" He demanded to know.

Galen's eyes were screwed shut and his mouth was open wide, yet not a noise came from him.

Jackson grabbed him by the shoulders and shook him.

"Breathe!" He commanded urgency filling his voice.

Galen rolled to the side and began to shake uncontrollably. Jackson didn't know what to do. He was just about to run to get medical assistance when Galen began to bellow with laughter.

Confused, Jackson rolled him back onto his back and grabbed his shoulders to stare into his face. Silent tears streamed down his face as he gasped for air in between his roars of laughter.

"Where the fuck is Logan?" Snarled a deadly voice from behind them.

Jackson's head whipped to the doorway to reveal Aislyn, trembling with anger.

Jackson couldn't help himself. He snorted before slapping a hand over his mouth.

"Where. Is. He?"

Galen sat up, wiping the tears from his eyes, looking at Aislyn. At the same time, Jackson and Galen both glanced at each other, trying to keep a straight face. When Galen began to giggle, Jackson lost it and began to howl in earnest, thumping his hand down on the floor.

A deep growl sounded from Aislyn before she spun on her heel and strode out of the room, followed by a trail of laughter.

She ran down the stairs, taking them two at a time, and began to pull out drawers in the kitchen.

Finally finding the one that was full of knives, she grabbed the first one she could find and bent down to pull the three vials of blood that she had taken from her mission, out of her boot. Grasping the knife in one hand and the vials in the other she stormed out the front door.

Face like thunder, she marched around to the back of the house and looked up to one of the windows. 

She pulled her glove off with her teeth and spat it onto the floor, then dragged the knife down the meaty part of her hand, drawing blood. She pulled the cork out of one vial and poured the blood inside, over her open wound. 

She repeated this with the other two vials, throwing them over her shoulder when she was done. The skin on her hand began to stitch itself up, right before her very eyes and once the only thing that remained was a light pink scar, she bent down to grab her glove and put it back on. 

She placed the knife between her teeth and began to scale the wall, using the gaps between the stones as footholds and the trellising as handgrips. Instead of climbing straight up, she went around the window to situate herself just above it. 

At the very top of the window was a tiny ledge, no wider than two of her fingers. She perched on it by the tips of her toes, her fingertips tightly gripping some vines that had grown up the wall and muttered to herself, "One. Two. Three."

Aislyn gave a little jump backwards, her hands moving down to grip the ledge. As her legs swung out into the air, the grip she had on the ledge worked like a hinge and her body swung back towards the window. Knees tightly pressed together and legs stretched out, her feet flew towards the windowpane.

Shards of glass flew through the air, sparkling like glitter in the sun, as Aislyn shot through the window. A scream sounded through the room, so high pitched that Aislyn winced as it stabbed against her eardrums. 

She looked at the person who she knew made the noise and had to refrain from letting the edges of her lips tilt up, focusing on the reason she was here. 

She took the knife out from beneath her teeth and launched it through the air, skimming the tips of a crop of pink hair.

Logan was backed up against the wall, a petrified look in his eyes although she could see the humour behind it, threatening to breakthrough.

Pointing a finger at him, she hissed, "Laugh and I'll throw that knife between your legs, and I won't miss next time."

Logan audibly gulped and looked around his room, trying to find an escape. Aislyn could see a chest of drawers, a table and a chair all stacked up against the door to, she assumed, prevent her from entering.

She threw a hand out and Logan shot up into the air where he hovered a few feet off the ground. She drowned out his shouts of surprise as she looked at her hand and mumbled, "nice," to herself.

She lifted her hand again and this time, swung it to the right. Logan went soaring, right into a wall. Aislyn smirked and did it again, but this time to the left.

Grunting, Logan said, "Aislyn, let me down."

Aislyn ignored him and this time twisted her hand so that her palm was facing the ceiling. Logan yelped as he turned upside down.

With an evil grin on her face, Aislyn walked up to him and growled in his face, "You fucking shaved my eyebrows off."

Logan choked on his snigger, and Aislyn's grin turned feral. 

Logan wisely remained quiet, but his eyes looked like they were about to bulge out of his head. She began to slowly circle him as if he was her prey.

Once she faced him again, she jabbed a finger in the direction of his face. A jet of icy cold water squirted into his face. Logan spluttered as he tried to take a breath without breathing in any water.

Once Aislyn deemed it enough, she stopped the jet and smirked as droplets of water fell off his locks of pink hair.

Logan shouted, "Hey! It's not fair. You dyed my hair pink!"

Aislyn sighed, loudly, and shook her head, "It washes out with lemon, you dipshit," she told him.

Logan just remained hanging in the air, mouth opening and closing like a fish out of water.

"Shit," he muttered under his breath.

Aislyn just shook her head again and walked over to pry the knife from the wall.

"Er... Whatcha doing there Ais?" he chuckled nervously, trying to crane his neck back to see her.

Not paying him any attention, Aislyn pulled a blanket off the bed and went to Logan, tying it around him, locking his arms against his body.

He began to thrash around and yell but Aislyn just advanced slowly with the knife raised, glinting in the sunlight.

A short while later, Aislyn pulled the objects blocking the door out of the way, before opening to reveal Jackson, Tamani and Galen all leaning against the wall.

As soon as the door opened fully, the three men collapsed against each other, howling with so much laughter, they had to hold their stomachs to alleviate some of the pain.

Aislyn raised an eyebrow, or the skin where her eyebrow should've been, and looked to her side to see a scowling Logan looking the same as before. Minus his own two eyebrows.

Aislyn began to walk to her room, flipping the men the bird as they called after her and slammed the door behind her. Cursing profusely, she began to rummage through her bags, looking for the case where she kept her cosmetics.

Thanks for reading, drop a comment and leave a vote if you enjoyed what you read!