Chapter 18: Part 2

"Logan?" Whispered Aislyn, holding out her hand to him.

Slowly, Logan ventured into the room and began walking around Aislyn and Galen, leaving plenty of space between himself and them.

"I figured it out," he said in a monotone voice, "I figured it about an hour after I saw you running off into the woods yesterday."

"Figured what out?" Aislyn asked him, spinning on the spot to keep him in sight, just as she had done with Elijah moments ago.

"That you're Azure. I saw you running off, so I went back into the House. I saw the money you had left on the table, the note you had written pretending to be Elijah. I didn't understand it at first. I didn't understand how you had so much money. So I went into your room. I found the picture albums you had shown us. Except I found the one you didn't show us."

Aislyn knew straight away which book he was referring to. She hadn't bothered to hide it away before she had left, figuring she would get home before her brother and Tamani.

"I saw lots of drawings inside. Drawing of Azure's suit, of different weapons, of lots of scenery. And a lot of blue. I remembered how you acted as if you didn't know about Azure the first time we mentioned her. But if you didn't know her, how were you drawing a picture of her outfit? But then I remembered that night you explained your powers to me. How when I asked you what your original power was, you didn't tell me. Everything just sort of fell into place; Your fighting skills, your powers, why you disappeared at days at a time."

Logan had made his way over to Elijah and Serilda, stopping right next to them.

"So I rode through the night to see President Elijah."

Elijah chuckled and pat Logan on the back, "Yes. I was woken up last night by one of my servants telling me that I had a very concerned visitor asking for me."

"I asked him why you were imprisoned. It had been common knowledge that Azure had been caught a few months before you showed up. And he told me why. How you had gone off the reins. How he'd always had you in-sight, training under Serilda."

Elijah interrupted saying, "I also told him how your... mental state rapidly deteriorated after a certain incident with a certain... Fae."

"Fae?"

Aislyn had forgotten about Jackson and Tamani who had been silent witnesses up to that point.

"Nikolas," was all she gave in explanation.

"Yes, your beloved Nikolas," said Elijah, "Anyway, our conversation was interrupted by this beautiful lady at my side. She told me some rather shocking news about the sudden presence of a person with a very interesting power."

Logan. Aislyn was smart enough to know Elijah and Serilda couldn't be trusted but Logan was too innocent. She was the first other person with a power that he had met in his whole life. Aislyn looked up at Galen and hoped that the concern written all over her face would be enough to make him understand her deep worry for Logan.

She turned back to Elijah, Serilda and Logan. Elijah still had Serilda hanging off his arm and Logan didn't look weary enough of them to calm her worries.

"Logan," she called out, "Come over here to me, or at least go over to Jack and Tam."

"Oh, so now you want to help me? Too late Aislyn. I know about all the experiments President Elijah has been running on those with powers. How he's been bettering them and-"

"Bettering them? He's been killing innocent children!"

"They're just casualties of war, Aislyn."