Chapter 10: Part 2

With her worldly possessions strewn all over her floor, Aislyn finally found her cosmetics bag and marched into her bathing room, slamming the door hard enough so that the boys could hear it.

She walked over to the enormous mirror that hung over her sink and grimaced at her reflection.

 At least the absence of her eyebrows drew attention away from her scar she thought to herself. 

She pouted at her reflection in the mirror. She knew that without the scar, she'd be considered pretty, beautiful even. An unusual eye colour to have, Aislyn actually preferred her new black ones to her old amber coloured ones. She didn't know how or why they changed, all she knew was that when she looked in the mirror after Nikolas' death, they had changed. 

Her eyes were lined with long luscious eyelashes and her cheekbones were beautifully defined. 

Her lips, although they were slightly on the thin side, always held a pink tint and when she smiled, they parted to reveal pearly white teeth. 

Her nose, crooked from the many fights she got into, added a certain character to her face. 

Her obsidian hair always lay pin straight down and gleamed in the light, it's silky strands, soft to the touch.

She took pride in maintaining a presentable appearance. She had never been ashamed or resentful of her looks. She wasn't necessarily fond of the scar, she would much have preferred not to have it at all. If she wasn't always trying to preserve her powers, she was almost certain she would cover it up for good.

But it always served as a reminder. 

A reminder of what she was fighting for. 

She pulled a glove off and lightly ran a finger down the scar thinking back to the day she got it.

As Nikolas dropped to the ground, Aislyn let out a heart-wrenching scream so hard it shook through her entire body. She lunged for the Necromancer, who stood just behind fae's body, in his usual crisp white medical outfit, face covered in a simple white fabric full-face mask. She couldn't see his eyes, but she could tell from the way he rocked on his heels, that the pleasure he got from seeing her pain, rolled like waves off of his body.

Aislyn dredged deep into her internal reserve and tried to push past the barrier that prevented her from using her powers. She pulled against the men who were gripping her arms so tightly she could already feel bruises forming, trying with all her might to reach her companion's killer.

With a roar that echoed through the abandoned building, Aislyn burst into flame, searing the mens' hands.

She threw out a palm, and a pillar of blue flame shot out at the Necromancer. He dived out of the way a second before the flames hammered into the wall, incinerating the wooden planks.

"She shouldn't be able to use her abilities," she heard one of the men yell, "I took them from her!"

Ignoring his shouts, Aislyn continued to hurl fireballs at the Necromancer, screaming through her teeth and the emotional pain that hit her likes blows from a fist.

"Incapacitate her," was the last thing she heard from Him before He ran out the door, dragging Nikolas' body with Him.

She was tackled from behind by one of the men that had held her down earlier. 

Aislyn bellowed, trying to claw her way after the devil who had shattered her life in more ways than one. The man ripped off her shirt, leaving her in nothing but a strip of cloth bound around her chest but he made short work of that too, slicing through it with his knife.