Chapter 8

(Warning: Thoughts on suicide)

—-
Milo's POV

I didn't think going to a party with Landon would be this...chaotic. I didn't want to go, but I needed a place to stay and didn't want to stay home alone. I've never actually been to such a huge high school party before- My first. I just came to County High, and it's been pretty rough.

In my last school, I was pretty much the popular kid. Everyone liked me there. I had so many so-called 'friends.' I also had a boyfriend at the time. He was pretty crazy. His name was Jax. I always thought he was the one for me. But I was truly, wrong.

The entire time he was with me, all he wanted was sex. I wasn't ready yet. He once hit me because I told him no. Not to mention that he was drunk too. After he hit me, he told the whole school I was a slut and that I was gay.

They all called me names and did some thing that I don't feel like thinking about. Everyone hated me. People don't turn out how you want them to. 

Once I got tired of all of this, I ran home crying. I was ready to end life. I wanted to die. I opened a bottle of pills and tried to take them until my mom caught me. Her eyes started tearing and I started sobbing in my hands. I hugged her and told her everything that happened. She told me that she loved me no matter what and that I'd transfer schools.

——

"What're you thinking about man, let's go." I nodded.

"Sorry, I just have been to a party like this before. I don't know what to do." I said

"Just do whatever you want, there aren't any rules."

"Gottcha. By the way, if you don't mind, I invited Leah."

"Leah?"

"My best friend." he sighed

"Yeah, I don't mind." I nodded.

Landon really doesn't seem like a bad dude. I've had the longest crush on him and I'm glad he isn't like Jax.

——
We got to the party and I hear music blasting, people on roofs, and people knocked out on the ground. It was wild.

"We're here," he said

"I can tell."

He opened the door and started walking inside. He didn't wait for me so I had to catch up. We got inside and everyone around me smelt like alcohol and beer. Landon left me! He went to his friends to talk and left me alone. I was scared.

I pulled out my phone and texted Leah.

"Leah where on Earth are you?! Landon left me :("
- delivered 9:51 pm
         - seen 10:10

"Omg! I'm sorry Milo, I won't be able to make it. I have something to do."
- delivered 10:12 pm
         - seen 10:12

I put my phone away and went to the kitchen to grab a glass of beer. Oh, it's horrible. How can people just drink this? I guess it's the only thing I have to drink.

I stood there looking around and this girl walks up to me. She was pretty, and drunk from what I could see. She dragged me to the dance floor and started twerking in front of everyone. She walked me over to the wall and kissed me. I didn't like it, but kissed her back out of pity. She stopped, then walked away.

Once she did, I walked upstairs looking for Landon. I couldn't stay downstairs any longer. Walking passed so many people I didn't know. And half sleepy because I was drunk. I opened a random room in the corner and on the bed I think I see Landon.

No no no no no...it can't be.

He was one the corner of the bed with a girl half naked, making out. I won't believe it. I was getting dizzy.

I caught his attention and shook my head, trying not to think about it. I knew this would happen. I knew it.

I don't even think he saw me. He kept kissing the girl. I laughed to myself knowing damn well Landon and I were never be a thing, but it still hurt to think about.

I quietly left the room, not want to disturb them. I started speed walking not paying attention to where I was walking, bumping into someone. 

"Hey, watch where you're going?" he said.

I look up where I was from and saw Jax. I was confuse to why he was here, but at that moment I didn't care about anything. I pushed him in a random room. I wrapped my legs around him.

"This is what you always wanted right?" I said smirking

———
Anyone surprised about Landon? He really did it this time. I hoped you guys enjoyed this very belated chapter. 

Also, this is how I imagined Jax:

Please leave a vote if you enjoyed <3 Until next time - Maddie

Follow me on Wattpad- maddie