Chapter 22

Landon Pov

Milo and I have been going pretty well for the past month. I was telling him my plans of coming out to my parents and he supported me all through it. My step-dad was going in and out of town and my mom was taking care of Chloe like any mother should.

Today was the day both of my parents were going to be home and I was going to come out to them. I walked into the living room of my quiet house, hoping that my parents weren't there. I'm really nervous about what they're going to say, even though Milo showed me that my parents would probably support me.

I waited for a couple hours rehearsing what I was going to say to them in my head. They were going to come home at 6o'clock so I have just enough time to stress out. To take my mind off things I started to cook dinner.

Doing things with my hands always calms down my nerves. I might not be the best in school, but I am really good with working with my hands and cooking apparently.

" Landon I'm home." I hear all the sudden. I look at my phone to see what time it is. It was already 6. I was surprised. Time did really fly by past. My nerves started sparking up again, but I have to remember that I have to stay calm and they are going to support me.

My mother and father walked in with Chole in hand. Chole runs into my arms. I twirl her around in the air while she is giggling. "I made dinner for everyone. I hope it tastes good." I said calmly

"Your food is always amazing. Let's have dinner." We all sat down and had typical family conversations. I can tell they knew I was on edge because I kept moving around my seat and shaking lightly.

" Dad, can you and mom come into the living room for a second. I need to talk to you about something."

I took Chole and sat her on my lap. I lost my father a few years back, which had a huge impact on mom, but when she met my step-dad things started changing for the better, which I am really happy for.

" So.. Um.. I've wanted to tell you this for a while but I just didn't know how to do it."

They both look at each other with a mixture of emotions. "Sure, what is it son?" my dad said.

""Well imgayandimdatingaboy." I rushed out.

My mom and my dad looked confused for a minute then realization dawned on their faces.

My mom got up and came to me and hugged me. "You are my son. I don't care what gender you prefer that doesn't change who you are. I also want to meet this boy.

My dad just stared at me with no emotions. I started to get nervous again, what happens if he doesn't accept me?

"Okay." He said. He got up from his seat and went upstairs. My heart broke into pieces. I looked over at my mom and she had tears in her eyes.

"I am sorry honey. He is just processing everything. I am sure he doesn't mind."

I nodded my head slowly. "Mom, I am not going to spend the night here if that's okay."

"Yes sweetie you can go to your boyfriend. Make sure to be safe." I chuckled.

"Mom, we are not going to do it."

"That's what I said when I was your age."

"Momm." I said

"Okay, go now."

I took my keys off the counter and left the house. I started driving to his house. I thought my dad was going to at least accept me. I guess I was wrong. I reach Milo doorstep and knock on the door.

Milo's mother opens the door and has a smile on her face. "Milo is upstairs." I thank her and go to his room. I open the door and he quickly gives me a curious look and he rushes to me and wipes my tears away.

"What happened?"

"I came out to my parents. My mom said she doesn't care as long as I am happy, my dad said okay and walked away."

"Oh. I am sure he is going to accept you. Don't worry about it. Come lay down with me."

We laid on the bed, while Milo played with my hair and said soothing words to me. I ended falling asleep, but I never felt so hurt in my life. I wish he would have accepted me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up some time later still in Milo's bed. I looked at the little alarm clock and guessed that it was 2 hours later.

Milo wasn't in the bed with me anymore. He was sitting on the floor near his desk writing in a notebook while also looking at his computer.

Smiling a little, I got up and kissed him on his forehead. "Hey what're you doing?"

"I'm just doing some studying. I've got a test coming up and I don't want to leave it for the last minute."

"Oh ok don't let me bother you then." We settled comfortably in silence, me on my phone and him doing his work.

After a little while I started staring at him doing his work.

"What?" he said looking up.

"Did you know that when you're really focused, you chew on your bottom lip really hard?"

"Um, wow, I never noticed that"

I laughed a little but before I could say anything else my phone dinged. I looked at it and saw that the message was from my stepfather. I guess my face dropped because Milo took it and looked at what was on it.

"Do you want to see it? If you want I can read it out loud for you."

I stalled and realized I didn't have the strength to do it myself. "Please I can't read it.

He took a breath and opened the message. "I am sorry for the way I acted last night. I love you and I do not care who you like. I was just surprised and trying to digest it. Please come home."

"Oh. Oh my God." He accepts me! Oh my God he accepted me!

I busted out laughing and crying at the same time. I hugged Milo and told him I would see him in school. I rushed home happily, realizing that I got so, so lucky.

----------------------

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter.

Don't forget to follow me on Wattpad.

Vote and comment.

I update this book when I get the chance. I will tell why later on.. when I finish this book. 

Thank you for reading my book. Love yall.