Chapter 2

Landon's POV

"What!" I shouted, "I'm going to be paired with Milo?!"

"That's what I said, yes." Mrs. Parks said.

I glared at him and he looked hurt by what I was saying, but honestly at the moment I didn't really care. I said, "Mrs. Parker, I don't want to do this stupid project." Before I could say anymore, Milo interrupted me, "Mrs. Parker, it's pretty clear he doesn't want to be paired with me. Can we please just switch partners?"

"No, you boys need to get along. You obviously need to." She stated, "Everyone, this is 80 percent of your grade. If you fail, you'll suffer the consequences. Mkay?" She smiled.

How can she smile at this right now? This is not the time to smile.

"But-"

"No buts Milo. No shoo, I don't want your bodies in my room anymore." She said, waving her hands for us to leave.

Milo and I looked at each other. His eyes were dark brown and his hair was messy. He wasn't tall but he wasn't short either. He was wearing an over sized hoodie with sweatpants. I knew he was pretty shy.

Not to sound gay or anything but he was not ugly. I mean, he was pretty. I could see him as a girl is what I'm saying. Not that he dressed as a girl or wore makeup but you get my point here. I don't need to explain myself.

Milo's lips were heart shaped, full, slightly pink, and they seemed soft..

"Um.. What are you looking at?" Milo asked moving his head aside and blushing.

"None of your business."

Was I staring? Probably.

DIIIIIIING

"Alright class, you know what to do for this project. Now leave."

I was so happy that the bell rang. I couldn't be in that class any longer.

I need to see Milo later and I need to ask him about when we can hang out. Not only is it for the grade but because I want to get this over with.

"Dude, you alright? Did you sleep on the other side of the bed or something?" Jess said laughing.

"No..yes..maybe? I don't know, I'm just really tired and my parents and I had a fight last night."

"Not to be nosy but what was it about?"

"Just how I didn't believe in going to college and my grades dropping. They were going over the top about it."

"Landon, as much as I think what's best for you is to go to college, you do what makes you happy. Both your parents and I will still love you man." Jess stated.

I really hoped that Jess was right. My parents will always be that fun, cool parent. When it comes to school though, they are the complete opposite of fun.

Out of nowhere, Rebecca pops out. I love her but she cant just do that, can she?

"Babe, why do you look so upset?" Rebecca asked.

"Oh I'm not upset. I just missed you so much and why didn't you call me back last night? I tried to call you but it went straight to voicemail." She widened her eyes and she turned nervous.

"Um—I was doing homework last night sorry sweetie."

"I thought you told me that you didn't have any homework that you had to do. I mean, am I wrong?" I concentrated on what she'd say next.

"Haha did I say homework? No, I meant I was studying. Yeah, I was studying all night."

"What were you-" I got cut off.

"Why so many questions? Just leave it be okay? I was studying. Do you not believe me?"

"Did you really just ask me that? Of course I believe you."

She walked away and all I thought about was that I needed a good grade on the art project to make make my parents proud. I need to get Milo.

Hello! Thank you so much for reading this chapter on Landon's POV! I hope you like it and please don't forget to leave a vote :) - maddie

Follow me on Wattpad- maddie