The Emerald Forest

Start from the beginning

Weiss then passes Ruby and pulls on her hood.

"By no means does this make us friends."

Ruby is overjoyed as she's dragged away into the bushes.

"You came back!"

Jaune sees the scene and waving his arms.

"Wait! Come back! Who's going to get me down from here?!"

Pyrrha walks up underneath him and calls up to him.

"Jaune?" He looks down at his savior. She smiles and asks him a familiar question.

"Do you... have any spots left on your team?"

Jaune crosses his arms in frustration. 

"Very funny…" He eventually looks down at her and gives a smile, which she returns."

Weiss trudges through the forest, with Ruby back a ways behind her. Ruby then asks her a valid question.

"What's the hurry?" Quick to answer and quick to be a snob, Weiss replies.

"I will not let my mission be delayed because you're too slow! I swear, if I get a bad grade because of your—" As if karma itself wants her to eat her words, asmiling Ruby suddenly appears next to her. Now Weiss is confused.

"What the...?" Then Ruby proudly states.

"I'm not slow, see? You don't have to worry about me!" Now Weiss is slightly amazed and looks back behind her where she last saw Ruby.

"When did...?" Ruby keeps on going, already in her groove.

"Weiss, just because I don't exactly know how to deal with people doesn't mean I don't know how to deal with monsters!" 

She gets an arm around a skeptical Weiss' shoulders.

"You're about to see a whole different side of me today, Weiss, and after it's all over, you're going to be like, 'Wow! That Ruby girl is really, really cool…'" Adding this last part quietly, Ruby keeps going.

"'...and I wanna be her friend!'"

Ruby disappears in a shower of rose petals, which Weiss waves away from her face just as she hears crackling and rustling in the bushes around her. Weiss then calls out to Ruby.

"You may be fast, but you still excel at wasting time!"

There is silence, save more noises. Weiss softly calls out Ruby's name again.

"Ruby?" The forest darkens, forcing Weiss to lean in to try and find her new partner as a pair of red eyes are seen glaring behind her.

"Ruby...?"

The view moves around Weiss, as multiple pairs of red eyes stare at her from the bushes and a deep growl is heard. She turns around until she spots a large, jagged Beowolf emerging from a bush and approaching her. Then in a panic, Weiss yells out at the top of her lungs.

"NOT RUBY! DEFINITELY NOT RUBY!" 

That scream hangs in the air as Y/N finally comes towards the ground. Part of his semblance is spinning up in his head. There are several possibilities in front of him, he could calculate the perfect branch(es) to use in a braking maneuver before softly landing on the ground, he could use Quake's rifle rounds to slow down before burying it in a tree or two to stop, he could use his semblance to look for the right time to catch a tree trunk in his hand and gracefully spin around it till he hit the ground running, or his personal favorite option. That was to activate his odd semblance fully, pump out some of his flaming aura, and just land on the ground unharmed.