Chapter 6: Tiger and Cub

Start from the beginning

A futon, an old chair, closet and a desk that also served as a table were the only pieces of furniture in the room. A short counter with a hot plate and a small refrigerator posed as a kitchen. There were a half dozen boxes piled by the wall. That was all I had. She slowly stepped over to the one door in the room, still tugging me with her. A tiny bathroom held a shower, a place she would never be able to use. I could only watch her with nervous eyes, my fingers fidgeting. She turned to me, facing my side. There were uneasy wonder and slight anger in her eyes, and I had expected her to bombarded me with question yet she ended up pressing her lips.

Relieve washed over me. I walked to the closet and took a pair of black pyjama with small stars scattered around it. She was peeking behind me as I pulled it out then handed it to her. She arched her brow as if judging the clothes and all the possible level of germs that came into play. She must have thought it was used clothing.

"This's a new one and a branded pyjamas." I stated. It was a gift from Sana before the sickness took a toll on her. She gave me when I had turned adult, a couple pyjamas, black and pink. Stating that I should wear it with my spouse in the future. Me, lending a pair to Ms Son didn't mean anything else but an act of compassion and kindness. She needed to change her clothes since it was covered with dirt and I knew none of my clothes reached her level of fashion and standard. Except this pyjamas.

She examined it and searched for the tags. Once she was assured it was indeed new and branded, she nodded approving. I pointed to the bathroom but she stared at me with unidentifiable expression. Her gaze remained glued to me, and I was started to feel slightly anxious. I was about to ask if there was any problem, but she broke the eye contact and pulled her fingers away from my sleeves. There was a subtle hesitancy in her movement as she took two of the candles and brought it with her, but again she halted as she stood before the bathroom door. I tilted my head, blinking. She suddenly swung around and strode towards me while taking off her necktie.

Panicking, I staggered backwards while my hands instinctively raised up, waving. "Wh-what are you doi---" My words cut off when I was trapped against the wall. She pulled my hand and I was close to call out for Ray, when I felt my wrist was tied. This was definitely wrong. "Ra---!" She quickly cupped my mouth, then glanced to the still unbothered dog.

We were so close, her body almost flushed against mine. I could feel her breath softly brushed my face. She put her forefinger on her lips, gesturing me to keep quiet. Seriously! After what she did. I bit her palm that was covering my mouth causing her to wince, backing away. She was about to rebuke but didn't upon my glare. It seemed that she had just realised my thoughts and our position and basically her aggressive action just now.

She cleared her throat and brought the other end of the necktie and wrapped it around her wrist. Now we were connected with the tie. I spontaneously mumbled, "Eh?" Confusion rung in me. She ignored my evident bewilderment and marched to the bathroom, pulling me with her since our hands were tied together.