"I intend to do just that. I'll even encourage him to form bonds with his team and the friends he meets there. It is important to have something you care for Qrow, especially for huntsman, huntresses, and warriors. For before you start a war, you've got to know what you're fighting for."
Meanwhile, Y/N sighed and shook his head while taking a seat by the fire.

"Well mom, dad, Riley. Looks like I couldn't stay away from people forever. I'm going back to school.

The Next Day

Packing up his camp and making sure the fire was sufficiently doused, Y/N shouldered his bag.

"Time to head home." Walking through the forest back to Vale itself, Y/N sighs and rubs his unkempt beard and hair.

"Guess I should make myself presentable before I meet my classmates. What do you guys think? Am I too scruffy? Would y'all tell me that you raised me better?" With a sad smile, Y/N pulls out a picture of his family. A small girl with Raven black hair and golden eyes with two pretty large wolf ears was smiling on the shoulders of a younger and much less scarred Y/N, who was looking up at her with a smirk. The tall man with brown hair and a scar across his lower left jaw had his hand on young Y/N's shoulder and and his arm around a smiling, shorter woman with two toned hair, black and silver, who was laughing with her blue eyes barely open. Seeing his family, Y/N's sad smile turned happy and he put the picture back in his pocket. He looks up and sees a pack of 12 beowolves. Chuckling, Y/N puts his right hand under his black cape and pulled out his 5 foot great sword. Flipping up his black hood and straightening his red sash, Y/N's golden eyes flickered in the morning sun. As he went to work, his eyes tracked the whole scene, never resting in one spot too long. His semblance ran like clockwork as he danced through the pack, never missing an attack and blocking every swipe of the claws of the pack. Satisfied his work was done, Y/N slung his great sword and stretched, yawning. When a rogue Ursa came barrelling out of the forest he didn't even need the great sword to dispatch it. Hell he didn't even need to look at it. He unholstered his backup weapon, a bladed Deagle, and shot the Ursa between the eyes. The recoil was strong, but it didn't matter, one shot was all it took.

That Night

Finally arriving at his family's house in Vale, Y/N took a quick look at the modest house and then walked up the front stairs. Opening the door and walking in, Y/N could only smell the slight staleness in the air that comes with being abandoned for close to 6 months at a time. He opened a window and then kicked off his boots and set down his bag. He walked into the workshop out the side door and got to work cleaning and checking his weapons. Having completed the most important part of his tasks, he headed to the smallest bedroom where all his stuff was. Finally seeing his clear and undistorted reflection for the first time in a long time, he laughed.

"Mom would kill me. I look like a rabid bear. Plus this shirt is probably a few months past it's retire by date." As he looked down at the fraying hand stitching that marked the path of three Ursa claws that had got him one night while he was sleeping, Y/N knew he had to get a fresh shirt pronto. He took the armor off his right shoulder, shrugged off the black hooded cape, and took off the tough, but fancy blue shirt. Left only in his black undershirt, Y/N started to realize his clothes were that much further from repairable. He tosses both the shirts in the trash and walked over to the bathroom.

He pulled out the clippers that had belonged to his father and got to work. Less than 20 minutes later Y/N was sporting a much more tame look. His stubborn 5 o'clock shadow refused to leave, but his hair cooperated much better. Longer spiky hair in the front and shorter, cropped hair in the back left Y/N looking professional compared to his look half an hour ago. Satisfied with his barber work, he looked down at his chest where the three claw lines from the Ursa were. He didn't linger on it though. He had to get this smell off him pronto.