45. Boyfriend

"Stop smiling like that."

"I can't help it. You said yes." Edward smiled wider, if that was even possible. "Before we started the exam, I was nervous but not because of the exam but because of you." He shared, his cheeks turning slightly pink. "But I'm okay now. I'm cool. Your boyfriend is cool." He winks, right before crashing to a pillar of the hall.

"Oh yes. Very cool." I grinned.

Boyfriend. My boyfriend.
My boyfriend, Edward Lupin, the cool boyfriend.
Am I even awake right now?
What the hell is happening right now?
Did I really just take my Charms exam and I actually knew everything in it? And I actually said yes to Edward? With that reckless proposal? And he's my boyfriend now? I have a boyfriend? And it's Edward Remus Lupin, the boy who had been getting on my nerves all these years? Someone should pinch me right now.

"Ow! You pinched me!" I gasped, glaring at the lilac haired boy at my side. "Why would you do that?"

He had a massive smile on his face. "You said someone should pinch you right now, so I did."

"No I didn't --- " Oh great. "I was thinking out loud, wasn't I?"

He nodded slowly. "You're cute, darling."

As we entered the Gryffindor common room, we came face to face with James, who has a big smirk on his face.
"So I heard!" He jumps in front of us. "7 PEOPLE OWE ME 2 GALLEONS!" He yelled, spinning around to face the Gryffindors in the room.

I furrowed my eyebrows as James received two galleons from Flint, who sent me a disapproving frown. "I thought you weren't going to settle down with that dimwit but I was wrong. You owe me 2 galleons, Avery." Our team captain rolled his eyes. He then patted Edward's shoulder three times. "But I'm glad you two finally made it official. I'm tired of your stupid flirting during our practices. Just remember, no snogging on my field!"

"Yes sir."

James then turned to Fred and Seth, who has been behind me and Edward the entire time. "Pay up, boys."

Edward crossed his arms. "Did you two think I would get rejected?"

Seth shrugged. "I didn't think Sam would actually say yes to you on the first try."

"Nah, I thought you were going to get rejected." Fred admitted.

"I am offended." Edward sighs dramatically. "My own best friends."

James cackled as he received two more payments. "This is fun. I'm going to go find Felicity, Francis, Dana and Margaret and then buy myself some sweets for being so supportive of Teddy and Sam's relationship."

Chuckling, I sat down on the couch and I was immediately followed by Edward, who lifted up my legs and rested them over his lap. Seth and Fred sat down across from us. Nina is hanging out with Margaret at the courtyard, Colleen is with Lowell and Roxanne is at the Ravenclaw common room with Eleanor and Dominique.

"You know, I still feel weird about this ... thing you two have." Seth stated, crossing his arms and legs. "Don't get me wrong, I already approve of it and all, I can see that you're both happy but it's just odd. My best friend and my sister?" He cringed.

"On the bright side, we get to be brothers in law." Edward grinned. "Just wait several years or so."

"Shut up, Lupin."

"Make me."

Seth cleared his throat. "Rules! I have rules!"

Fred laughed. "This should be good."