33. Confront & Confess

I don't know which is worse: returning home to an angry mother or an annoying brother who won't stop teasing you. What happened was, I went home wanting to burst in tears and then my mother gave me an hour long lecture about coming home late and not letting her know where I went, then Seth won't stop teasing me about the fact that he had seen me on television dancing like a bloody idiot and then kissing a certain someone and looking confused.

"I-I-I have to go." He says.
"What?" His eyes had gone from purple to blue within matter of a second. I know what I saw and I was not imagining it.
"I'm sorry Sam. I have to go." He pushes through the crowd of people around us, leaving me standing there by myself.
Right after the best kiss I've ever had, he leaves.

Mum left early this morning for her work but I'm sure she's still a little upset about me coming home at 2 a.m. in the morning. Seth, on the other hand, is still irritating me with the whole 'You kissed Jon!!' thing. He and I are having breakfast and he just laughs at me about it.

"It's funny because the camera was focused on you two and your face was just like, 'Why am I kissing him?' and 'Who is he again?' and 'I don't know who you are but I like kissing you.' So yeah, it was bloody hilarious. Mum didn't see it, lucky for you, otherwise you'd have another lecture about kissing strangers. But still, you should have invited me and maybe I could've kissed someone pretty. After Scorpius left, I had nobody else to hang out with. Teddy was not in his house, must have been at the Potters, so I just went with Fred."

"That's nice, Seth."

Seth is the last thing on my worries right now.
Two names: Edward and Jon.
That's all I could think about.
The purple eyes from Jon just made me even more confused. I'm already confused about my feelings for Edward and now I'm more confused about the whole Jon thing. Why did he have purple eyes? Is he a metamorphmagus and feels the same thing as Edward is feeling, hence why they both have purple eyes? Or is Jon actually Edward using his metamorphmagus powers to change appearance? Has Jon even existed or was it just bloody Lupin the entire time? Or maybe Jon is real but last night it was Edward? I am so confused and frustrated and I want to cry.

"So what did you and Jon do after you kissed?" Seth asked once again. "Wait, never mind. Don't tell me. I don't want to know."

The boy left me, that's what he did.
It's literally like Cinderella. He leaves as soon as something was happening and he just left me completely confused and curious. Maybe he was about to transform into his true form and had to run away.

"Okay."

I made up my mind.
I'm going to get answers.

***

"Where is Edward?"

"He is sleeping at his room." Andromeda replies, not removing her eyes from the Daily Prophet. "He just came back from the Potters this morning. Apparently, they had stayed up all night to watch the fireworks so he's exhausted."

"Oh, that's cool. I'll just go to his room and sit and wait for him to wake up."

"Okay. Behave, kid."

Behave? Probably not.

I've only been to the Tonks house for a few times so I don't know exactly where everything is. Although I do know where Edward's room is, since it's the only room on the 3rd floor that has a black door that has bands related decorations on it.

The house is rather quiet and the only audible noise is my sneakers gliding through the floors. Without even knocking, I opened the door and see shirtless Edward snoring and close to falling off his bed.