21. Dueling Week (II)

"Everte Statum!"
"Levicorpus!"
"Expelliarmus!"
"Protego!"
"Incarcerous!"

And another one down.
We are at the second round of dueling week and it's safe to say the final round will be Slytherin against Gryffindor. I am already out of the competition because I lost to Margaret earlier. I didn't even get a Veteran's badge, unfortunately. Right now, there's only one student from Hufflepuff, two from Ravenclaw, three from Gryffindor and four from Slytherin. It's down to the top 10.

Hufflepuff has Peter Brooks who I have no idea is actually very bad ass. Ravenclaw has Charles Kingston and Riley Lestrade. Slytherin has Margaret Higgs, Mason Zaria, Nicole Delta and Calum Prince. As for Gryffindor, we've got our Potter, Lupin and Gold. During the 15 minute break before we start the top 10 duel, Nina is giving the four Gryffindors her famous pep talk. And by pep talk, I mean beg them to win.

"Girl, you can beat everyone in the top 10. You're my favorite okay? Go represent the power of women! We believe in you, Gold!" Nina says as she suffocates Felicity in a hug. "If you win, I'll buy you anything and I'll be your best friend and I'll love you forever and whatever you want."

Felicity laughed. "Great offers but I really just want to kick ass. Especially Zaria's because he pisses me off the most."

I love this girl.

"What about me? Do I get that offer?" James scoffed. "I too have the equal chance of winning as Felicity but you're not giving me a hug or any of those things. Nina, I am deeply wounded."

Lupin smirked and nodded his head. "Yeah! Same for me! Samantha, give me a hug and say all those things that Nina said to Felicity."

"If you lose, I will never speak to you again." I crossed my arms, glaring at him playfully.

"Good enough." He shrugs, smiling widely. "But if I do win, what do I get?"

"A pat on the back."

"And?"

"And the trophy and the champion badge."

"And?"

"And that's it."

"What, no victory kiss?"

This boy just doesn't stop, does he?

***

"Okay so I was like no you can't catch me! So I ran around and around and then I wasn't expecting her to get dizzy but she did! I was just trying to waste time and distract her but oh my god it worked and I beat her!" James jumped excitedly, almost crying in happiness. This boy made it. He made it to the final around and he is going against the unbeatable Mason Zaria.

Felicity lost against Zaria but she put so much effort. Zaria had the advantage because he knows more spells.
James had fought Margaret and she almost beat him. James just jumped and ran around so much, Margaret got confused and distracted and so he won.

James got what he wanted. He is the first year to ever make it to the final round of dueling. Now, we're in the Great Hall and he's receiving a lot of love from almost all the Gryffindor students. Then we've got Felicity who's just angry that she lost against Mason, and Lupin sulking because he too had lost against the same person, for 3 years in a row.

"There's no need to be upset Teddy, you won a Veteran's badge!" Victoire and Dominique are trying to comfort him but it isn't working. Ever since he lost, he has had that scowl on his face. "Everyone thought you were brilliant!"

"Felicity did better than you though." I muttered quietly.

"Sam!"

"It's true though. Felicity made it to the top 4. But I'm not saying Lupin was horrible." I defended, raising my hands up in defense. "He almost made it to the final round and yeah, that was cool, I suppose. Well done."