19. Rain & Thunder

Fluttering my eyes open, the first thing I see are bright purple eyes staring right at me. As soon as he realized I was looking back at him, he straightened up and backed away a little. His hair had turned pink, purple and blue while his eyes stayed purple. Giving me a smirk, he pointed to my face.

"Nice face, darling." His eyes darted back to the piano, where I had fell asleep on with my face resting on the keys. "You've got keys imprinted all over you. But the again, you are a KEY-PER -- like keeper. Get it?" He laughed at his own joke, resting his elbow on the piano surface. After a giggling fit from his own humor, he turned completely serious. "You know how to play the piano?"

My face hurts. My back hurts. Sleeping on the piano is not the best idea I've had. I glanced at the window and saw that it's a little dark outside. "What time is it?" I asked, turning to Lupin confused. "How long have we been here?"

Lupin scratched the back of his head. "I wish I know. I don't have a watch. You don't have a watch. There isn't a clock here. But I'm guessing it's around 4 or 5 in the afternoon. It's dark because it's still raining hard." I got up from the piano's seat and ran towards the window. I looked outside and there it was, rain pouring down Hogsmeade like there's no tomorrow.

"Second question. Why are your eyes purple?"

"Is it purple? That's weird." He blinked a couple of times and his eyes are instantly green again. "It doesn't matter."

"What does purple even mean?"

"No idea." He shrugs, though his face says otherwise. He just doesn't want to tell me.

"I'll find out someday." I sigh, taking the seat by the piano once again. "When I'm not feeling lazy to look it up." My fingers brushed over the piano keys and started to play a nursery rhyme.

Lupin sat next to me, on the same seat I'm sitting at since it's big enough for at least three people. "When you're not feeling lazy? That's like the 30th of February."

"Shut up Edward."

"So will you teach me?"

"Teach you what? To be lazy?"

He rolled his eyes. "To play the piano of course!"

"Okay but mind you, I'm not the best teacher."

***

"Edward! That's not what I taught you!"

"You said the note C was like that!"

"No, that was G. Let's try it again."

After the second try, he's got it perfect. Once he learned all the basic notes, we started to play songs. First, Lupin practiced with nursery rhymes just like I did in the beginning. He had messed up a few times and I had to help him, but apparently he's an easy learner because every time he tries for the second time, he gets it perfect.

Lupin then wanted to play an actual song. This whole time I'm teaching him, I'm thinking of my mum because she is the one who taught me how to play the piano, so when he wanted to play a song, Hey Jude by The Beatles came to my mind first. That's the song that I first played on the piano because mum loves that song.

And so that's the first song we played. Then together we played the piano keys from , The Scientist by Coldplay his choice of song and then Karma Police by Radiohead. At some point, he wanted a quick break so I just played myself. I played Before You Start Your Day by Twenty One Pilots. When I played, my mind just completely focused on the piano and ignored everything around me, including Lupin. I don't know if he was paying attention to me or not, but I just got to lost in that moment.