31. Snow

"What is this?"

"Breakfast."

"I know, but why?"

"Why not?"

I narrowed my eyes at the boy beside me. "Okay. Thanks I guess..." As I picked up my knife and fork, I couldn't help but feel the burning stare from my side. "Stop staring."

"I'm not starting. I'm gazing."

"It's creepy."

"It's romantic."

"How are you even here right now?"

"Your mother let me in before leaving with Scorpius." Mum would just let anyone in our house and then leave. But then again, we are talking about Edward Lupin, who has been with us for a while now so I suppose it's okay. "And then I made you breakfast."

This boy is really going for it, isn't he?

"Thanks."

"So have you finished thinking about your feelings?

"Nope."

Just at that moment, Seth comes down from the stairs and goes straight to the dining room, looking half asleep. He didn't even bother putting on a shirt. "Good morning Sam, Teddy." Notice how Seth is not even surprised that Edward is just here casually?

"Looking good, Seth." Edward chuckles. "I should definitely do my hair like yours."

"You should." Seth yawns. "So, breakfast! Where's mine?" He looks around the kitchen to find nothing on the stove and the dishes done. "Wait, mum didn't cook?"

"Nope."

"So you cooked your own food?"

"Nope."

"So how did you --- "

"No idea. It was just here." I grinned. "I literally just found it here. I don't even know why I'm eating it. For all I know, this could have some sort of love potion or poison or something."

"Or not." Lupin coughs with a playful glare. "Whoever made that must really like you that they made you breakfast. Isn't that sweet?"

"No." Seth frowns. "Because whoever made that didn't make me one. They've obviously forgotten about the better twin."

"Hey!"

***

As it turns out, Edward is here because the Potter and Weasley family has this family activity of snowboarding and skiing today and apparently, we are also invited. Edward was supposed to get us to the Potter house and we're all going to wherever we're going to go with a car. According to Edward, it's a couple of hours away.

And so Seth and I quickly changed to an outfit appropriate for playing in the snow, a lot of layers, and then we used the floo powder to get to the Potter house. Hermione thought the road trip to get there would be fun, so we just used cars rather than using portkeys, apparition or floo network. We're using two big cars, which is definitely bigger on the inside. One car for the Weasleys and one car for the Potters, Edward, Seth and me.

In our van, Ginny is the driver, Harry rides shotgun, James, Seth and Lily at the second row and Albus, myself and Edward at the back. I'm sitting between Edward and Albus, unfortunately. I wanted a seat by the window but so did Albus and Edward, so I'm stuck in the middle.

Right now, I'm being used as a pillow, by both boys. Albus is resting his head on my arm while Edward is using my shoulder to as a head rest.

"You guys, I'm not a pillow." I stated, glancing at the two of them.