44. How to reply to a love confession? Viciously.

"Expecto Patronum!"

This is impossible. I tried so many times and it doesn't work. Seth has already done it. Edward has already done it. Roxanne and Colleen has done it. Fred and I are struggling, Nina gave up after her 7th try. Most of the students are still trying and some had already succeeded.

"Darling, I don't think your memory is powerful enough." The boy appeared beside me, resting his chin over my shoulder. "Think of something more happier. Like me." He winked, nodding towards his patronus. The wolf runs around the dark room, passing other students' patronus.

Actually, that's not a bad idea...
The memory I chose is when Seth and I were younger. When, he and I are playing and mum would be watching us and we're all just happy living a simply yet happy life.

But now that I think about it, I had been happier.
There has been a lot of times when I was really happy.
Although I think I had been the happiest when I'm with mum, Seth, and Edward. On Holiday break, for example.

"Expecto patronum!"

As I opened my eyes, I saw a white light in a shape of a wolf emerge out of my wand. A huge smile appeared on my face and I held on to Edward's arm happily. "Look at that! I did it!"

"Yes you have." He smiled, his eyes going brighter than before. "Sam, if two people have the same patronus, do you know what that means?"

I shook my head, focused on my patronus. It's so cool and pretty! "Nope."

"Okay." He chuckled. "Love you."

"What?"

"I said I was hungry."

***

The time has finally come.
The time that I have been dreading.
The time that I have been trying to avoid preparing for.
O.W.L's exams. Right now.
All the 5th years are in the Great Hall with McGonagall in front of us watching like a hawk.
She had given us specific quills so no one can cheat, not even the clever ones.

"No glancing over another student's exam."
"No disturbing another student."
"No making unnecessary noises."
"If you need to leave to use the bathroom, raise your hand."
"If you need anything else, raise your hand and speak only if I give you permission."
"Anymore questions?"

Only one student raised their hand.

"Yes, Mr. Lupin?"

For Merlin's sake.

"Will Samantha Avery be my girlfriend?"

I turned around and glared at him, feeling my face heat up completely.

"What?" McGonagall looked at me confused, then back to the purple haired boy.

"Yeah, what?!" I repeated, ignoring my stomach going crazy and I don't think it's because of the exam.

"I said will Samantha Avery be my girlfriend?" Edward repeated with a small smile.

"Mr. Lupin, that question is for another time." McGonagall frowned, shaking her head with disapproval.

In front of me, Nina is giving me looks, along with Colleen.
Seth is giving me a thumbs up and Fred is mouthing 'Say Yes!'
Dallas is smirking at me.
The Slytherins are rolling their eyes. The Ravenclaws have already started their exams, the Hufflepuffs are watching intensely and the Gryffindors are cheering and awing. This boy really knows how to make a show, doesn't he?

"Shut up Edward." I hissed. "And the answer is yes. Now shut up."

_____________________________________________________

A/N: the title of this chapter is like a title of a fall out boy song, tbh.