14. Mischief Rises

I woke up around 11 in the morning since I had slept late, but it surprises me that I still manage to wake up before Lupin. Colleen, Roxanne, Nina and James all woke up before me for sure; when I woke up, it was only me and Lupin. He slept in a really weird position but I take it he's having a good sleep so I just left him there.

After brushing my teeth and washing my face, I stayed at the common room along with everyone else. Most people are just talking with their friends, some are doing work and some are playing games. As usual, I sat on the couch -- even when there's only a small space left, I will sit on that couch. I squished between the arm rest, end of the couch and a very buff Francis Devine, 5th year who transferred from Beauxbaton Academy last year and Lowell Thomas' best mate. He's a very quiet and shy boy so he and I haven't spoke much.

Lowell, Francis, Fred, Seth, and Nina are all talking about a film that I've never seen. Colleen and Roxanne are listening to music, occasionally adding comments to the boys' and Nina's conversation. James is doing work, late work from what I heard, and then there's me, just observing everyone while petting Tiana. I swear I pay attention to her more than Ian does.

After an hour, I see Lupin come down the stairs with his hair sticking out everywhere. "Look who's finally up! Good afternoon Teddy." Fred greeted. "You look good."

I love how everyone just acts casual about the fact that Lupin has drawings all over his arms and a couple on his face. Last night just before I fell asleep, I drew all over Lupin using a permanent quill I bought from Zonko's. I meant to use it for my drawings but since I lost my sketchbook, I haven't done much drawing lately.

On the bright side though, my drawings look like tattoos on Lupin. It looks cool.

"Can someone explain to me why he just came down from the girls dormitory side?" Lowell questioned suspiciously.

"James and Teddy sneaked in our dorm and joined us for our movie night." Nina answers, taking a handful of crisps from the bowl on the center table. "Fun fact: James and Teddy are not as brave as they appear to be."

"Shut it." James pouted, sticking his tongue out at Nina.

Teddy ignored all of them and sat on the arm rest of the couch, right next to me. His eyes are still closed and his usual tousled blue hair has got a little bit of purple on them. I don't think I've seen him with purple hair before and I'm not really familiar with what it means, so I'll just assume he's trying to change his hair color again.

"Open your eyes, Lupin." I smirked, wanting him to notice the marks on his body.

Instead of opening his eyes and replying to me, he leaned his side towards me, rests his head on my shoulder and nuzzles his face on my neck. I shivered at the contact but didn't push him off. "I'm sad. Cheer me up." He mumbles, tickling my neck with his warm breath.

I ran my left hand through his hair and moved my head so his mouth isn't against my neck. It gives me the chills and it feels weird. "How am I supposed to do that, exactly?"

"I don't know."

"Why are you sad?"

"I don't know."

"Okay."

For at least 10 minutes, we stayed at that position. He didn't move or say anything for ten minutes and neither did I. Then he speaks again out of the blue saying, "By the way darling, I know what you did. And you know what? I kind of like it. It looks wicked, the wolves and the whole skeleton and all those random doodles you've made. It makes me look punk rock and cool."

Rolling my eyes, I put my hand on his face and gently pushed him away so he was back to sitting up on the arm rest. "Whatever, Lupin."

"Hey Sam?"