24. Day Well Spent

Hearing a loud crash, I opened my eyes to find purple eyes right by my face. I screamed and jumped away, completely surprised. In return, the owner of the purple eyes also screamed, stumbled backwards and fell backwards as he crashes on my little box full of scraps and art things. "Okay! I have tripped over that bloody box twice now!"

"What the hell are you doing in my room?"

He laughed and put a hand at the back of his neck. "I was going to wake you up."

"I could have been naked." I hissed, clenching the sheets of my bed.

"But you weren't."

"You woke me up when you crashed to that box in the first place and you have also ruined the best dream I've ever had, congratulations Edward."

Lupin raised his hands up. "Hey I was only sent here by Seth to wake you up. He said if you're not downstairs in 15 minutes we're leaving you."

"Where to?"

"Breakfast and then go with Seth, shopping for presents."

Of course. Seth always takes me with him when he buys gifts because sometimes, he doesn't know what to get and would always need my help for it. "Oh. Okay, I'll be down in 15." I then pointed to the door. "Now please get out of my room."

"Why?" He smirks. "Are you hiding your secret diaries here where you confess your undying love for me?"

"One, I don't have a diary. Two, even if I do, you shouldn't read private things from people. Three, I only love Armando Flores and kittens." I even have posters to prove it -- posters of Flores, not cats. "Get out."

Lupin rolled his eyes. "Right. But hurry up because I am starving for breakfast."

Hogwart's best student had walked backwards on his way out since he was still talking to me, which caused him to once again trip over my arts and crafts box. He let out a groan and just ran out of my room without another word, though I caught a glimpse of his bright pink hair on his way out.

Dork.

***

"And then Sam was like, 'I'm gonna fall!" and I wasn't paying attention so she fell on her back." Seth laughed as he tells Lupin about what happened last night when we were decorating the house with Christmas things. On the first night back, mum and I decorated some parts of the house and then we both got too lazy so we gave up. Yesterday night is our second night of break and that's when Seth and I finished the decorations. I was putting some lights on the ceiling and I ended up losing balance and Seth didn't catch me. He just laughed at me.

I'm sure the taxicab driver is listening to our conversation and laughing silently. We're on our way to London to get breakfast and do everything there and we have to take a taxi because mum has to stay home to take care of Scorpius and she can't drive us. And speaking of Scorpius, I just learned that he and Lupin know each other. Apparently, they are cousins, from Lupin's mother's side. I can see how Lupin and Scorpius are related though, personality wise.

"Alright kids, here's your stop." The driver says as he stops in front of a little restaurant.

"Thanks!" After paying, I followed Seth and Lupin to the little restaurant that looks a bit vintage. As we entered, I saw that there are only a little bit of people and they are mostly around the age of 30's to 50's, some were older but we are the youngest one for sure. "Why did we choose this restaurant for breakfast? There's Nando's across the street and McDonalds and so much more." I whispered to the two boys.

"Gran takes me here and the food is great." Lupin answers eagerly, sitting down across from me.

"I'm going to the bathroom real quick." Seth excused, leaving me and Lupin in an awkward silence.