37. Acceptance (Pt. 2)

"Okay?" Edward gasped, looking surprised and confused at the same time.

"Okay."

"Wait, really?!" His eyes widen and his mouth forms into a big smile.

"Yes, Edward. Really."

"Okay cool." He nods briefly and clears his throat. He then holds up an index finger. "I'll be right back. Give me a minute."

I remained on my spot while he runs upstairs to the boys' dormitory. All of a sudden, everyone hears a "Wooooo!" Fred, from across the room, furrowed his eyebrows and sent me a questioning look and I returned it with a shrug.

A minute later, Edward returns with a small smile and sat back down at his previous position. "I'm good." He cleared his throat once again and noticed everyone's eyes on him. "What's everyone looking at? I don't have answers to your homework, which you all should be doing by the way, so please go back to your businesses!"

I'm just trying so hard not to smile like an idiot but this boy is making it so damn difficult.

"Alright Lupin," I turned to him with a raised brow. "Give me a time and date and we'll see how things go."

"Right." He nods, tilting his head as he gives me another big smile. "Okay so this weekend. Hogsmeade. We meet here in the common room. At 2 p.m."

***

Gryffindor Common Room.
Saturday.
1:50 p.m.
I'm here.
I can't believe I'm actually about to go on a date with Edward Remus Lupin. After all this time, it's finally going to happen.

"Hi Sam! What are you doing here by yourself? The girls are out playing a game with the boys." Nate stops by as he puts on his thick coat. "James apparently started this massive snowball fight with a few Hufflepuffs and it turns out to be really fun and others joined in, so I'm coming along. You want to go?"

I shook my head."Oh, no thanks. I'm waiting for someone."

"Ah, waiting for Teddy I suppose?" He grinned, revealing his very deep dimples. "I heard him last night, he couldn't shut up about his very exciting date. Lowell and I just tuned out while he goes on and on about what he's planning to wear and how he'll do his hair and all those stuff. But oh well, have fun you two. Not too much fun though." Nate then continues to exit out of the common room, right after giving me a wink.

That silly silly boy. 

I'm literally sitting at the couch by myself. No one else is here and it's horribly quiet. I'm trying to seat and look casual and I'm trying to not be nervous, but my stomach and mind are just so weird and fuzzy at the moment. I can't help it. I mean, I had been on a lunch and dinner alone with Edward, but we never really called it a date. It's funny how a little thing like a name can change things.

When I went out for a lunch with Edward, I looked so damn horrible and I couldn't care less about what I looked like.
This morning, after the girls left, thinking I was sleeping in, I rushed to my closet and chose the best outfit I could find. I found one that isn't too much, but still look quite nice for this type of event.

But anyway, here I am, waiting and waiting and waiting anxiously.

It just turned 2:15 and I'm still waiting.
The poor boy must have spent too much time on his hair or something.

2:30 and still waiting.

3:30, a few students had gone in and stayed at the common room but still no sign of Edward.

By 4 o'clock, the common room was taken over by 1st, 2nd and 3rd years.

At this point, I decided to leave. I waited and he didn't show up. And I'm not going to cry even though I feel like I will burst into tears any second. I'm half pissed, half disappointed.