6. Black Lake

First week of school was quite stressful but it's not too bad. The only thing that I know I'm going to be stressing out a lot over this year is Potions. For our O.W.Ls examination, I think I'll be good but I need to work on the Potions section. Slughorn is going to be extra strict on 5th years because of that exam, so for sure he's going to give me hell. Nevertheless, I'm going to force myself to be good and prove him that I'm actually capable of learning Potions. For that, I have Lupin. I haven't exactly asked him to help me and I don't exactly want him to help me directly; it's more like, me asking for his notes so I can review them. I've seen his notes and they are hundred times better than what Slughorn says.

But in other news, it's Saturday and we get to take a break from classes. Today, Colleen, Roxanne, Nina, and I are out in the black lake relaxing. Most students are staying inside the castle, but we wanted to be outdoors. On Nina's exact words she said to us, "The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and my hair is perfect. Let's go out." And so here we are.

Roxanne, Colleen and Nina are sitting by the shore on a log while I sit on a giant boulder by the water with my sketchbook, drawing my three best friends and of course, Smaug who is on Nina's shoulder.

As I add details on my drawing, I heard a noise behind me but nothing was there. I looked back at the girls and saw Fred and Seth joined them. "Sam! What are you doing there?" Seth asked loudly, putting a hand over his eyes so he could see me through the bright sun light. "We aren't supposed to be on the water!"

"I'm not on the water!" I yelled back, pointing on the boulder I am sitting on.

Just as I returned to my drawing, I felt something push me from my back, causing me to slip off the boulder and fall to the fresh water of the black lake. My entire body sank but I quickly swam upwards and catch my breath. "Oh my god." I coughed, rubbing my eyes to get back my clear vision.

"Need a hand, Sammy?" I hear through laughter. I didn't even have to look up to know who it is.

"Lupin." I hissed, brushing hair out of my face. In front of me, I saw my sketchbook floating, obviously completely drenched. "My drawings..." I sighed, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath. "I'm just going to ignore him. Today is a good day." I whispered to myself, taking my sketchbook. I started to swim towards the shore but I felt a tug on my leg. It was cold and slimy. I let out a shriek as I swam away from it. However, I felt another tug from behind me, and before I knew it, I was being pulled down deep in the water.

Grindylows. Panicking, I quickly swam upwards but more grindylows surrounded me and dragged me down by my leg. I didn't have my wand with me at the moment so I had nothing to use for defense. I tried to kick them away but it only made things worst. I was beginning to feel light headed because I was running out of breath. My vision started to black out and the last thing I saw was one of the grindylow's sharp teeth.

***

Seth 

I watched anxiously as Teddy gave mouth to mouth on Sam, trying to bring her back to consciousness. I was beyond angry with him at this point. I would have screamed and punched him but I was too worried about Sam at the moment to even do anything to him. He pushed her in the water and when she didn't come up after a couple of minutes, he jumped after her. He brought her back with us unconscious and immediately started with his CPR.

After pressing on her chest a few more times, Sam finally woke up coughing water. She's got scratches and circle spots of tentacles on her legs. "I'm alive! Holy crap I'm alive!" She breathed, pulling Roxanne, who's right next to her, on a tight embrace. "I thought I was going to die, eaten by those grindylows."