10. Margaret's Party

Margaret is surely one of the most popular in Slytherin. As soon as Roxanne, Nina, and I entered the Slytherin Common Room, we already had to squish through people because it's so crowded. There are students from all four houses, mostly 4th years and up. There are 1st, 2nd and 3rd years but majority of them are Slytherins.

From the outside, the entrance of the common room looks normal and quiet. Once you step inside, however, you hear music and voices from Margaret's many guests. She invited quite a lot of people, including me, Nina, Roxanne, Fred, Lupin, Seth, Victoire and many others. Colleen had been invited but she didn't want to go because she isn't really much of a party girl.

The common room is decorated with balloons and usual party ornaments. At the center of the room, instead of having the couches, they have two tables full of food and all the seats are mostly at the side, as the rest of the room are for people to mingle and dance and do whatever it is to do at parties.

"Margaret Higgs! Happy birthday!" Nina exclaimed as Margaret came up to us, looking very gorgeous. "Your favorite people have walked in. Now the party can really start." We all gave her a hug and her gifts before awkwardly wandering around the common room. Nina and Fred went straight to the food table while Roxanne and I stood by the chairs, not having a clue where to go. Lupin, being Lupin, already got lost in the crowd possibly to charm people, and Seth also disappeared somewhere.

"I'd much rather be sleeping." I said to Roxanne, taking a seat on a bench by the wall near the fireplace. "I don't even talk to half of theses people."

"That's why you're supposed to dance and talk to other people, to make new friends." Roxanne nodded at the group of people in front of us, standing and laughing among themselves as they drink and dance.

"No thanks." I sat on that bench for who knows how long. I eventually got up to get food and drink but I immediately returned to my seat. Roxanne took her own advice and decided to talk to people and make new friends, leaving me alone.

They weren't even playing good music so it's not like I can sing or dance to it.
It is entertaining to watch several people dance silly though. For example, we have a 6th year boy named Mason Zaria, a Slytherin who dances quite stiffly and hits people surrounding him as he moves. But even then, he is the life of the party. Then we have Janie who is dancing with her friends who dance good, but in a more grinding on others kind of way. And of course, we've got the perverts of the party lingering around them like Zabini and Rosier.

"Darling! I've been looking for you!" I looked at the person who sat next to me and found Calum Prince. For a second I thought it's Lupin because of his voice but apparently it isn't. "You look great. Except I look better." He winked, scooting closer to me.

I turned away from him and focused on my plate that had ice cream cake on it. "Um, I guess..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say. "Why are you here Prince? Why aren't you with your minions?"

"Prince?"

"Yeah...?"

"Oh! Hah, I forgot." Just then, Prince's hair turned blue, his height grew and his figure became a bit thinner. His eyes turned green and his entire appearance changed to Lupin's. "It is I, your knight shining armor." He spread out his arms with a grin on his face. At that moment, someone threw a grape and hit his face, making him turn slightly pink as he glared at the person who hit him. Fred Weasley waved his hand while laughing and I couldn't help but laugh along with him.

Lupin is such a dork.

"Samantha. I have something important to ask you."

"What's that?"