9. Hogsmeade Trip

"And remember students, no fooling around on Hogsmeade. I'm talking to you, Lupin and Weasley." McGonagall faced Lupin and Fred who both have massive grins on their faces. "Remember what happened last year? Surely you don't want to repeat that mistake, boys? Ms. Avery, Ms. Weasley, take care of them will you?"

"Will do, professor." Roxanne nods briefly, wrapping an arm around Fred's shoulders. "Come on brother, let's all go to Gladrags Wizardwear." Fred and Lupin both groaned while Seth and I stayed behind them laughing. Filch, with Mrs. Norris on his shoulder, led us the way to Hogsmeade and the group from 3rd year and up followed behind him.

Today isn't exactly the best day for me to be out in Hogsmeade. I have stomach cramps, I'm hungry and I'm having mood swings and my body is aching from everywhere. It's definitely that time of the month and I had planned on staying inside the castle but Roxanne wanted me to go with her. Colleen is going to be with Lowell and Nina is staying inside the castle.

Just as she promised, Roxanne did take the boys to Gladrags, Hogsmeade's only clothing shop. It looks like a simple shack from the outside but inside is much bigger with three floors. They sell dresses, undergarments, jewelries, accessories, socks, and pretty much anything that you can wear. They even have a section for Halloween, which is usually big when it comes around this time. In October, which is next week, everything is going to be Halloween related and at the end of the month, Hogwarts throws an annual Halloween Party where we get to wear costumes and stuff.

"There's going to be a party tomorrow, did you hear? In the Slytherin Common Room? It's Margaret's birthday and she's throwing a party." Roxanne turned to me. "Have you got an outfit yet?"

"I'm not going." I received the invitation, personal invitation, yesterday during Professor Prince's class. Margaret said I'm invited to her party at her common room and there will be lots of food and music and all those good stuff. "I've got things to do."

"Like what?"

"Like sleep. "

"Yeah that's not happening. You're going with me." Roxanne threw me a dress while the boys sat down on the side, already looking bored. "Try this on, Sammy."

I held out the dress and soon I felt it slip from my hands. "No can do, Sam." Seth chuckled, throwing the blue dress to a nearby rack. "It's too revealing."

"Seth. I'm the one wearing it. Not you." I glared at him. "But I don't like that dress anyway, so whatever." Roxanne and I spent at least 30 minutes looking through isles and racks. I ended up getting a black casual dress while Roxanne settled for a green laced romper -- which I wish I found first because it was really cute.

After purchasing the clothes, we returned to the front of the store to find the boys looking half asleep. "So, where do we go next?" I asked, shaking Seth lightly. "Where do you want to go?"

"Zonko's!" Lupin answered before Seth could even open his mouth. Fred nodded vigorously and Seth didn't make a complain, so Zonko's it is.

I don't know how long we were at the joke shop, but we were there for a very long time. Roxanne wandered off somewhere and I gave up trying to find her so I just sat down on a bench near the counter and waited until I see anyone. As always, I tuned out on everyone and listened to the song that the shop is playing. It's a song by The Bent-Winged Snitches for sure, but I can't recall the title. It is very catchy however, so I found myself singing along to it.

"So! You like The Bent-Winged Snitches, huh Samantha?" I jumped startled at his voice. He literally jumped next to me and sat next to me with a big box in his hand. "I have a present for you darling. Open it."