28. Just for Tonight

Andromeda called for us around 8. Seth and I were planning on heading home but Andromeda insisted we stay for dinner, since she had already cooked food that is more than enough for her and Lupin. So right now, we are at the dinning room with them; Andromeda is telling us funny stories about baby Edward while the boy sinks in embarrassment. I'm sitting next to him, across from Seth and Andromeda and he is literally hiding his face with his hands because he is blushing so much.

"One time, we were at Diagon Alley and a young muggleborn witch thought Teddy was an alien because she didn't know about metamorphmagus. He had changed his appearance and she just goes, 'Are you an alien?' and she genuinely look frightened. It was quite amusing, really." Andromeda shared while laughing. "And then Teddy here just goes along and say he was indeed an alien."

I shook my head in disapproval and Seth laughed loudly. "There was also this one time, he and I were at the zoo with the Potters and his hair color had changed color out of fear. An old man saw the change and thought he was going mad. With Nymphadora, I didn't have to deal with facing muggles because we were mostly with witches and wizards all the time. We never really interacted with muggles as much. But with Teddy, it's much more difficult." She continues. "But still, both of them like to change their appearance a lot, mostly to entertain others."

I narrowed my eyes at Lupin. "Oh yes, he does."

"I make a pretty good impression of Fred and many others. It's a talent." He grinned, nudging my foot with his own, underneath the table. I rolled my eyes and kicked him back a little harder.

"There was also this one time when he was 8 years old,"

"Gran." Lupin groaned, not wanting to hear anymore of his silly childhood.

Andromeda ignored him. "He was 8 years old and had a silly crush on a 12 year old girl who was our neighbor. He tried to help her water their plants and just ended up splashing the poor girl with the water hose. And soon after that, he tried to help her again but ended up just looking completely messy and covered in mud."

"Aw, you cute little puppy." I cooed, extending my hand over to Lupin so I could pinch his cheeks teasingly; not that he actually let me. He tried to bite my hand.

"I am not cute." He scoffs.

"You're right. You're not." He frowned at me and in return I just gave him a small smile. "Dork." I mumbled under my breath before turning my attention back to Andromeda.

Well, I tried to pay attention. She was rambling on and on about James and Lupin going somewhere in public but I never caught what else happened because I got distracted by Lupin constantly kicking my foot from under the table. I kicked him back and he returns the favor with extra force. I tried to ignore him but he just continues to nudge me with his foot, so I eventually put an end to it by kicking him with a lot of force.

Although I think I put too much force on that foot nudge because he ended up twitching his knee and hitting the flat surface of the table from below. He groaned in pain while clutching his leg and I covered my mouth to hide my laughter. Andromeda and Seth glanced at us both with confusion and suspicion.

"Are you both alright?"

"We're good."

After that, I finished my dinner and stopped paying attention to Andromeda. I just got distracted on my own little world. There's a cherry on the fruit basket at the center table and I took one. I tried to do one of those cherry stem knots and I surprisingly did it, though it took a while. They say that if you make a knot on the stem of a cherry, it means you're a good kisser so I'm feeling pretty successful right now.