17. Monday Afternoon

It's the middle of November and it's already freezing. It's not snowing but it's up to the point where everyone is everything at least two to three layers of clothing. After long Monday classes, I went straight to my dorm and hid under my blankets while doing my assignments. Luckily, I only have to do some reading so I didn't need to do much. I have my Potions book and my Care of Magical Creatures book to read, a hot chocolate, and most importantly, snacks.

I'm flopped down on my bed reading my Care of Magical Creatures book while munching on crisps. You can't study with an empty stomach, right?

***

5:45 in the afternoon and I found myself waking up in another room. The boys' dormitory and more specifically, my brother's bed. Looking around, I see scraps, trash and pieces of clothing scattered all over the floor. The smell isn't too good either. There is no one else in the room with me so I'm a little confused. Did I walk here by myself through sleep walking? Did someone bring me here? If so, why?

Standing up, I walked around the room to find anything suspicious. There is literally nothing here but prank products and boy trash. I looked under Seth's bed and almost gagged at the smell of dirty clothes and who the hell knows what else is there behind the laundry. Having enough, I headed for the door and right as soon as I opened it, cold water poured all over me.

Gasping, I ran back inside the room and pulled out a towel from someone's closet. I didn't even think about whose closet it is. I just pulled out a white towel and wiped myself with it. Mind you, the temperature is quite low so it's literally freezing out here already, and with the cold water, I couldn't help but shiver.

Not too long after I warmed myself up with Seth's blankets, I felt something crawling on my back. At first, I thought it's only my hair since it's by my shoulders but when I felt the crawling on my chest, I made the mistake of peaking down. That's when I saw a small black thing with 8 legs and I swear to Merlin, I have never screamed louder.

A bloody spider is on my shoulder and I literally jumped from Seth's bed to Lupin's bed that is across from Seth's. Just when I thought I was safe there, there's another crawling thing on my leg and this time, it was a centipede. All of its million legs are on my thigh and I wanted to cry at that moment. I went from Lupin's bed to Fred's bed and more bugs came to me. The more I ran away, the more bugs and insects I attracted.

The last straw was when a massive tarantula landed on my head. I let out a piercing scream and used my wand to get all the insects off me. I didn't exactly have the perfect spell that would get them off me. I wasn't fully thinking so I did what the first thing that came to my mind; I splashed myself with water, pouring it all over my body just so the insects would leave. Fortunately, it worked. The downside was I am once again drenched and cold.

On the outside, I am freezing but on the inside, I am hot and fuming in anger. I stormed out of the dormitory and marched down to the common room to find Lupin, Seth, Fred and James talking among themselves as if everything is perfect.

"You! I hate all of you so much!" I hissed, my hand tightening around my wand.

Lupin had a massive grin on his face but as soon as he looked at me, it dropped and was replaced by a scowl. "Are you crying?"

"It was their idea and I had nothing to do with it!" Seth blurts out. "I tried to stop them, I swear."

Fred raised his hands up. "It was James and Teddy."

"Thanks a lot Fred." James scoffs before turning to me with an innocent smile. "Hi Sammy. Looking good!"

"It was just a small prank. Relax." Lupin shrugs. "It just occurred to me that we haven't pulled a prank on you for such a long time and -- "