15. Halloween

Halloween is finally here! Hogwarts is looking great with all the spooky decorations and everyone's gotten in the Halloween spirit, dressed up as different characters or something scary. The ghosts of Hogwarts are throwing their annual Halloween party for everyone at the Great Hall while Slughorn has his separate little party, just for his Slug Club.

Slughorn's party starts a couple of hours earlier than the Halloween party hosted by Sir Nicholas, which was originally the Deathday Party but now it's just a general party with a big Halloween feast. Since I agreed to it, I am attending Slughorn's party with Lupin -- again, just for the treats. Lupin is dressed up as the famous marvel comic character Spider Man -- Spider Man with pastel hair. It's actually quite funny because the costume is skin tight and he keeps getting stares from every single person around us. I went as The Bride from a film called Kill Bill. 

Right now, Lupin and I have just entered Slughorn's office and it's already packed with the people from Slug Club along with their dates. "Do you think the magic thief is here?" Lupin whispered, observing everyone in sight.

"It's been 2 weeks and no one that we know has lost their magic. Stop worrying." I hushed. "I mean, do worry about it because it's a very serious problem you created, but don't worry about it tonight because it's Halloween. Now, please fix your tight costume because your male parts are a little bit too noticeable."

"Is that so? Why were you looking down there then, huh?"

Rolling my eyes, I walked ahead of him to find food but only to be stopped by the one and only Horace Slughorn, dressed up as the 6th doctor from Doctor Who. He even has the umbrella thing going on. "Hello, Doctor!" Lupin exclaims, putting hands on his hips.

"Teddy! I'm glad you could make it! And uh, good evening Ms. Avery. Lovely costumes you two have." He eyed Lupin's costume with a grimace but as soon as his eyes met Lupin's, he quickly put on a big smile.

I bit my lip to suppress a laugh. "Thank you, doctor." Lupin then backs away a couple of steps and faced a wall. "Look at this." He stretched an arm and flicked his wrist, pointing his index and pinky finger towards the wall. After a minute, spider webs emerges from his hands, going straight to the wall.

"How did you do that?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows. That was actually really cool.

"Wandless magic. Takes a lot of concentration." Lupin replies with a wink.

"Those who can perform magic without wands are signs of being the best of the best, Mr. Lupin. Well done." Professor Slughorn beams, looking at the spider boy with amazement. "You'd be a remarkable wizard as you get older. What do you plan on becoming to be, in the future?"

Lupin scratched the back of his head. "I haven't really thought about it, sir."

"Ah. Well may I suggest becoming an auror like your mother? She was a brilliant witch. Or you could be a professor like your father was."

"Right..." I could tell Lupin didn't really want to think about the topic and clearly Slughorn isn't seeing it, so that's when I decided to jump in. Slughorn already hates me anyway. Cutting a conversation with his favorite student isn't going to make a difference.

Tugging on Lupin's arm, I stepped forward and reminded Slughorn that I'm still there. "Professor, I think that boy there wants to speak with you." I pointed to a boy who is facing towards us, but not necessarily looking at Slughorn.

Slughorn turns to him and smiled widely. "Oh! Of course." Not even saying goodbye, he walks away from us. Lupin sighed in relief and followed me as I headed towards the food table which I finally found.

There's a lot of sweets, which is literally my happiness. The main dishes are all Italian food, there's ice cream, fruits, and lots of pudding. As for the drinks, it's only apple, orange and pumpkin juice and water. As pleased as I am with the treats, there isn't a cheesecake. Oh well, it'll do.