37. Acceptance (Pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

But whatever, it's okay. It's not a big deal.
I'm fine.

I literally cancelled all my plans for this, but it's fine.
I could have been playing outside on the snow with everyone but it's fine.
I could have been sleeping in, but it's fine.
I could have been studying, but it's fine.
I'll just take a stroll around the castle to calm down and release all these unwanted emotions.

***

First, I went to the Room of Requirement. The room only had one thing: a piano.
There, I played a couple of songs and then sat down doing nothing but space out for half an hour.
Next, I considered going outside to join everyone else, but I feel like I'm in such a sour mood and I'm going to ruin all the good things happening at the moment. So instead, I just went back up to the Astronomy Tower.

I stood by the railings and looked down at the lake and forest.
At this time, if the date with Edward actually happened, I wonder what I'd be doing. Would I be crying because the date had gone horribly wrong? Would I be smiling and laughing with the metamorphmagus boy? Would I be punching him in the face? Would I be kissing him? I guess we'll never know. Maybe this was his plan all along. Trick me into going on a date with him and get my hopes up and my guards down, and once I give in, he leaves me like this. It's probably some prank, as always.

Shaking my head, I focused on the forest as there were movements from one spot. I could see a figure pacing back and forth while another is standing still. I can't really identify who they are from far away, but I do know that one person has black hair and the other one who's pacing has dark blonde hair.

I then immediately pulled out my wand from my skirt's pocket and summoned a telescope. "Accio telescope." There has to be one nearby. I'm in the Astronomy Tower and there's always telescopes nearby. I had to repeat the spell a few times and picture the image in my head clearly until I finally got it to work and the telescope came to me.

I then zoomed in on the two figures. That's when I saw Professor Prince and someone that almost made me scream in surprise. I almost didn't recognize him. He's changed so much since the last time I saw him. My father. Professor Prince and my father are working together. From what I can see, my father is angry. Prince wasn't fully facing me so I couldn't read his expression but it looks like they're negotiating.

I watched them for a few minutes. They just talked and then my father storms away.

"Oh my god." I took a deep breath as I left the tower, feeling my head starting to ache.

That was my father.
He's here.
He's talking to Professor Prince.
That must means he knows. He remembers.
He wouldn't be here near if he doesn't remember. But why was he talking to Prince? What does he want?

"Whoa! Watch it, Avery." I snapped out of my thoughts as a body almost crashed against me. Speaking of Prince senior, here is the junior Prince. "You look a little out of it, love. You look bloody brilliant, but out of it." He smirked, leaning against the wall next to us.

"Leave me alone, Calum." I sigh, putting a hand on my temple. "I've already got a growing headache. I don't need anymore from you."

Just as I was about to leave, he used his arm to block my way and put his other arm on my other side, leaving me trap between him and the wall. "You know, I was a little disappointed about that love note you gave me. I was hoping you'd come to your senses."

"Ah, so did you enjoy the sweets at least? I thought they were explosive for the stomach." I grinned, crossing my arms and moving my head to the side as he leans closer. "I'd happily give you more."