33. Confront & Confess

Start from the beginning

Ugh.

He is so cute.

I reached down to brush his hair with my hand. "Edward Lupin, you are making me mad in more ways than one."
Seth and Andromeda both said he was with Harry last night. So that means it wasn't Edward with me last night and it was actually Jon? And Jon is really a metamorphmagus?

"Gran, please get out." He mumbles quietly, moving his head the other way.

"Wake up, Lupin."

"Why are you calling me that?" He yawned, fluttering his eyes open. At first glance, he just shrugs and smiles. At the second glance, he furrows his eyebrows and widen his eyes. "Oh! What are you doing here?"

"Reasons."

"Um... Okay."

He and I sort of just had a staring contest for two minutes and he was the first one to break the eye contact. Mine must have been so intense. "We need to talk, friend."

"May I first put on a shirt before this talk?"

"No."

"Okay."

I don't even know where to start.

"First question. How common are metamorphmagus?"

He gave me a puzzled look. "Not very."

"Second question. What were you doing last night?"

"Partying."

"Where were you?"

"Out."

"Out where?"

"Under the moonlight."

"Edward, I'm going to hit you with this pillow if you don't give me a straight answer. You always confuse me. Last night, I kissed this guy and I liked it."

"Oh... That's cool I guess." He shrugs, looking down at his lap. "Anything else you want to drop and break my heart?"

"Lupin!"

"Yes darling?"

"This boy, he was a metamorphmagus. He had purple eyes. You're a metamorphmagus. You've had purple eyes."

He nods slowly. "Okay so? There are others like me. I said we're rare but not nonexistent, Sammy." He grins, crossing his arms. "Purple eyes with you? I wouldn't be surprised."

"What does that even mean?"

"Nothing."

Groaning, I threw my head back and covered my face with my hands. "Edward, will you just tell me the truth? Are you or are you not Jon?"

"Jon who?"

I glared at him. "So you really don't know?"

"Know what?"

I don't even know if I should believe his act or not. He is just sitting there with a grin on his face. For someone who claims he is heart broken, I'm finding that a little hard to believe. "Okay you know what? I'm going to find Jon and I'm going to -- "

Right before I could even finish my sentence, I was cut off when he jumped out of bed and stood in front of me. Without saying a word, he changes his hair color into black, his eyes blue, makes himself a little more broad and his height a couple of inches taller. And right there, stands none other than Jon.

"I was not expecting you to find out nor planned for you to find out this way." He sighs, brushing a hand through his hair. "But yes, I am Jon. He doesn't exist. He's just me."