19. Rain & Thunder

Start from the beginning

After that, he wanted to play by himself so I just sat next to him, watching and listening in amazement. Either I am a better teacher than I thought or he lied to me about not knowing how to play the piano because he plays just as good as me, if not even better. Lupin played This Is Gospel by Panic! At the Disco and this time, he was quietly singing along.

As he sings, I couldn't tear my attention away from him. It's the way he looked and sounds. He had his eyes closed as he sings softly and plays beautifully. At that moment, I felt like all of a sudden I'm seeing a new side of Edward Lupin. I felt like he's so much more than he reveals and I want to get to know him more. I feel like there's so much more of him than just the boy who has been getting on my nerves for years.

When he stopped playing, he turned to me with a cheeky smile. "What's with the face, darling?"

I don't even know what to say.

"Oh I get it. You're speechless because of my amazing performance." That cheeky smile grows even bigger.

I want to pinch him but at the same time I want to cheer for him.
I get it now.
"You knew how to play the piano all along." It wasn't a question. It's an angry statement. "You pretended to mess up and acted as if you don't know how to play but really, you already know how to play the piano. That explains why you've went from messing up nursery rhymes to perfecting full songs."

"Or I'm just an easy learner."

"Or you're about to get smacked for being a git." Right after I said that, I pushed him off the seat. He fell to the floor and landed on his butt. "I think it's time we head back to the castle."

"But we're having so much fun here." He pouted, brushing himself as he stands up.

"So where did you learn how to play the piano?" I asked with my arms and legs crossed, facing him with a glare.

Lupin chuckled. "From you."

"Okay...That sounds fake but okay."

Lupin only gave me a smirk in return before going back to the couch and playing with Gypsy, who has been laying there this whole time. As he talks to the little wolf, I walked towards the window and sat down on the old wooden chair by it. Listening to the rain is probably one of my favorite things ever. It's so relaxing and it is a fact that it enhances creativity. If only I had my sketchbook or something to draw on. And if there's food and a hot sweet drink.

***

We stayed at the Shrieking Shack for another hour just sitting there doing nothing. Lupin played with Gypsy while I stared out the window and listened to the rain. When it starts to get colder, up to the point where we're shivering even with layers of clothing, we decided to finally go back to the castle. We went through the Whomping Willow since it's the shortcut to the castle.

Lupin and I had slipped and fell on each other several times since water has gotten inside the secret narrowed passage, so we came back to the castle all wet and muddy. We made it just a few minutes before dinner. On our way to the common room, we've received stares from a lot of people and some were even laughing at us.

Arriving to the common room and seeing our friends is another story. We were greeted by Roxanne and Seth and let's just say we got an earful lecture of 'We were so worried!' speech from the two of them. Nobody even minded the fact that Lupin and I literally just spent the whole day together alone. They were just worried about us and how they were looking for us thinking of the worst case scenarios.

Before dinner starts, I made a quick run to my dorm and changed my clothes into something warm. I wore black leggings and an oversize sweater, which used to be Seth's sweater until he left it in my room.