I Could Fall In Love..8..

"Michael?" I ask, softly, into the phone again.

Just to make sure I'm not dreaming.

"Yes, and is this Jazmyne?" Michael sweetly asks back.

"Yes." I answer calmly, trying to control the goofy smile that's beginning to form on my face.

I'm a smiling fool.

"I hope that I'm not calling you too late, Jazmyne." He begins, apologetically. "I just made it in from shooting a part of my new short film. Did I wake you?"

"Uhh, no." I lie as I continue smiling into the phone. "No, you didn't wake me, Michael."

Yeah he woke me, but I don't care.

I'm talking to Michael Jackson!

Michael Jackson called me!

YES!!

I AM OFFICIALLY IN HEAVEN!

"Oh okay." He sighs. We're silent for a good minute before he speaks again. I guess to break the ice and end the awkwardness. "So how do you think you did on your test?"

"I think I did great." I beam. "I studied the mentioned material, and I knew most of the answer on the test. So I'm pretty sure I did okay."

"That's good. I'm pretty sure you did too, because you seem like the smart type."

The smart type?

"What do you mean by that?" I quiz.

"It's nothing bad." He assures. "I can just tell....by looking at you that you're really intelligent."

I know Michael can't see me, but I'm blushing.

And if I was a white girl, we would definitely be seeing rosy cheeks at this point.

"Thanks." I quietly smile in return.

Silence.

Nowwww ask him something, you idiot!

"Umm, how was your video shoot?" I speak up.

Michael let out a long sigh before answering. "Long and strenuous."

Is that all he's going to say?

Maybe I should ask another question.

"Umm, are all video shoots like that?" I ask with genuine curiosity.

I don't know what video shoots are like.

I've never shot one.

"I don't know about anyone else's," Michael sighs again. "but I know mine are. I love and hate shooting short films."

"Why love and hate?"

"Well, I love shooting them, because I know that they will make my fans happy, and I also love the creativity that's put into making them. But I hate shooting them, because of the long hours and what not. It's really stressful sometimes."

I could hear the stress in his voice.

"Oh, well, that's understandable."

"But enough about that," Michael smiles, changing the subject. "I wanna get to know you better."

I let out a giggle.

What is this man doing to me?

"What do you wanna know about me?" I bite my bottom lip, smiling.

"Any and everything you're willing to tell me." He smiles into the phone. "I wanna know Jazmyne."

"Umm, well.." I start. "My name is Jazmyne Williamson, as you know, but my name is spelled a little different than most "Jasmine's"."