I Could Fall In Love..45..

"You left the set of my video to go have lunch with Keith?!" Michael shouts as he stands,towering over me. I cringe as he points at the picture on the TV of me and Keith kissing. "And you kissed him?!"

I stare up at him with a scared look on my face.

I guess I should have listened to Kendra and Teyonna.

I never should have turned on that TV.

*

"Why were you kissing Jazmyne?" April shouts at Keith.

"I didn't kiss her, baby, she kissed me." Keith lies. "April, she's been after me for months and I don't know why."

Dionne roll her eyes, scoffing, and April notices her for the first time.

April asks. "What are you doing here?"

"You don't even wanna know, honey." Dionne mutters, walking past her out the door.

April watches Dionne as she leaves and when she's gone, April turns her attention back to Keith.

"Are you gonna answer my question?"

"Ummm." Keith mutters as she taps her toe. "Baby--I--"

"Just what I thought." April rolls her eyes and heads for the door.

"April, wait, let me--" He begins, walking towards her.

"You don't need to explain a damn thing, Keith, because this, you and me," She pulls off her engagement ring. "is over."

She throws her engagement ring at him before running out of the house and slamming the door behind her.

Keith catches the ring and stares angrily at it.

*

"Michael." I stand to explain myself. "it isn't what it looks like."

"I've heard that before." Michael shakes his head as he steps away from me.

"Michael." I sigh, holding back tears. "honestly, it wasn't like--"

"I don't wanna hear it, Jazz." Michael holds a hand up. "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me."

He stares at me in disgust and that look alone hurts me more than any harsh word could ever.

I turn my head away from his angry stare.

"Mr. Jackson, maybe you should let her explain." Rob proposes as he walks forward.

Tears stands in my eyes as I look around for Teyonna and Kendra.

"And I think that you should stay in your place." Michael growls at Rob.

"Michael!" I scold, turning back to him.

"No, don't "Michael" me, Jazz! Do not "Michael" me!!" He shout before turning back to Rob. "Did you know that she had lunch with him?" Rob looks around nervously. "Huh? Did you?"

"Yes, sir, I did, but--"

"That's all I needed to know. You're fired."

"What?!" Everybody except Michael exclaims.

"Me having lunch with Keith." I cringe after saying his name. "Is no reason for you to fire Rob."

"Rob is my employee and I will do whatever the hell I want with him." Michael grits.

"Michael," I whine. "it was only lunch nothing more, nothing less."

"Then why did you kiss him?" Michael inquires with an eyebrow raised.

"I didn't kiss him!!"

"What the fuck do you mean you didn't kiss him, Jazmyne?!" Michael shouts, walking over to the TV. "It's as clear as day right here and a picture is worth a thousand words. Do you know what they are going to do to me in the tabloids now?!"

"But Michael, I didn't kiss him!!" I cry again.

"Well, it doesn't look that way to me." Michael walks into the hallway then he turns back. "I was smiling in that man's face this morning, and you've been doing God knows what with him behind my back. Is that why you were acting so weird when he came over this morning? You thought that he was going to tell me about your little affair?"

"I'm not having an affair with him." I gasp through tears as I walk over to him. "Michael, I love you and only you."

He looks me up and down in disbelief.

"You should have thought of those three words before you were caught on film kissing him."

Michael turns and walks away from me and I follow him.

When I walk into the room, he's putting on clothes.

"Michael, baby, what are you doing?" I sniffle as I watch him grab his suitcase and start packing. He doesn't answer me. "Michael, what are you doing?" I walk over to him. "Baby, it wasn't like that, I promise!" Tears roll down my cheeks as he continues packing. "Michael, don't leave me." I cry as I watch him move about my room packing his things. "Please, don't leave me!!" He still doesn't say a word. "I need you. I need you more than anything right now. You can't leave me!" He doesn't acknowledge my tears as he walks past me, to my dresser, and starts pulling his underwear out of my drawers. He places them into his suitcase as I cry silently. He turns to walk over to my closet next and I run in front of him. "Michael?! Michael?!" I scream as I place my hands on his chest. "Michael! Please!!"

"What?!" He shouts and I sob. "Please, what?"

"Don't do this."

"Why not?" He bellows, staring angrily at me.

"Because you love me!" I cry, loudly. "And I love you!"

When I say that, Michael's face softens and he slowly moves my hands from his chest.

He slowly walks over to my sock drawer and opens it.

I watch as he pulls something out of the drawer then walks back to me.

Tears are rolling down his cheeks now.

He starts singing and his voice cracks because he's crying.

All I want to do is hold him.

I hate to see him cry.

"And maybe the walls will tumble, and the sun may refuse to shine, but when I say I love you. Baby, you gotta know that's for all time. Baby, you gotta know that's for all time."

He stops in front of me and I look into his eyes as he continues singing to me through his tears.

He places a black box in the palm of my hand as he sings the last "that's for all time".

I look down at my hand and sniffle as I open the box.

I gasp in amazement.

It's a diamond ring.

Was he gonna proposed to me?!

I look up at Michael as he closes the box and kisses my forehead.

He whispers as he takes a step back from me. "It's over, Jazmyne."

"What?" I choke as he takes the box from my hand and walks out of my room.

He doesn't look back at me once as he leaves my room.

And maybe my life.

I stand in the same place, feeling dumbfounded and heartbroken.

Did I just lose the love of my life?

The first man I've ever truly loved?

The man who taught me how to love again?

What's going on?