I Could Fall In Love..98..

Teyonna walks over to the bed bench as Kendra looks around her room.

"So?"

"Oh." Kendra breathes. "You wanna know the rest?"

"That would be lovely." Teyonna sarcastically replies.

"Well," Kendra breathes in deeper. "we had sex and then he said he would tell Jazz, if I wasn't nice to him."

"That's all?"

Kendra stares into space and adds.

"Well, he also said that he was just giving me what I've always wanted."

"What you've always wanted?" Teyonna frowns. "What have you always wanted?"

"Devonte." Kendra shamefully confesses.

"You wanted Devonte?!" Teyonna squeaks.

"He was one of the main reasons I befriended Jazmyne in the beginning." Kendra confesses timidly. "But after I really got to know her, that wasn't the case anymore."

"So you wanted Devonte the entire time he was with Jazz?" Teyonna asks as Kendra swallows hard. "I can't believe this shit."

Kendra twiddles her thumbs and stares at the floor.

*

"Stop, Devonte." I groan.

"You don't want me to stop, J-baby." He continues kissing my stomach. "You want this just as much as I want it, baby."

He used to say that all the time when we were together, and it made me melt every time.

Kinda like right now.

"No, I don't." I moan. "I want to stop."

"No, you don't." He repeats and kisses my navel. "Jazz, Michael will never be able to fully satisfy you like I can."

There goes the light bulb and I'm back on Earth!

Oh my God!

Michael!

I instantly push Devonte away from me.

"Michael!" I gasp, backing away from Devonte.

"Michael what?" Devonte asks, looking at me crazy.

"I love Michael, Devonte." I declare. "And I shouldn't be here with you. I should be with him."

"Jazz, Michael will never give you what I've given you."

"You're right." I nod, agreeing. "He'll never give me a black eye, he'll never give me heartache, he will never make me feel like less than, and he will never make me feel completely worthless." Devonte's face distorts, because he's done all the things I've listed. "Devonte," I breathe. "you will have a place in my heart, but I love Michael and I will always love him. He's everything to me. He's the love of my life." Devonte looks away from my eyes to the floor. "This should have never happened. I love and want to spend the rest of my life with Michael. You and I are done. There's no more Devonte and Jazmyne and you're going to respect that."

Devonte breathes in deeply and I sigh..

*

(Michael)

"Just have the private plane ready when I get there!" I yell into the phone. "I'll be there in ten minutes. I'm going to Paris tonight!"

"Mike?" Janet knocks as she walks into the room.

She knew I was in here because I stormed past her as I was coming back from having my heart broken by the one woman I thought actually loved me.

I guess I was wrong--dead wrong.