I Could Fall In Love..3..

"Do you mind if I walk you to your car?" Michael asks me again.

I know Dionne and Teyonna are staring at me, just bracing themselves for my answer.

Their stares are burning a hole in my back.

What am I supposed to say?

Yes?

No?

Maybe?

Jazmyne open up your damn mouth, and give the man an answer!

I slowly turn around to face him.

He smiles as he walks up to me.

"Well?"

"Ummm," I begin. "N-no, thank you, Michael, I'll be fine, but thanks for the offer."

Teyonna's jaw drops.

What the hell did I just say?

Did I just tell him no?

Did I just turn Michael Jackson down?

"Oh, well, o-okay,"Michael stammers, but with an obvious disappointed look on his face. "I guess I'll just see you later, then. Get home safely."

"Thanks." I smile then turn back around.

Without another word, I exit the dressing room then walk out of the club's back door.

I smirk to myself as I get into my car.

I can't believe I just turned down an invitation from Michael Jackson.

I start my car.

What is wrong with me?

***

When I finally arrive at my cozy apartment, which I share with another friend of mine Kendra, I don't even bother changing out of the sequined dress I performed in.

I go straight to my room, gather my books, raid the kitchen for some snacks, then sit down in front of the living room TV to start studying.

"It's one of those nights, huh?" Kendra asks as she walks out of her room then into the kitchen.

"Yup, it's definitely one of those nights." I muffle as I stuff a chocolate chip cookie into my mouth.

"Do you want me to help you study?" She offers as she opens the refrigerator.

"Naw, I think I'll be fine." I sigh as I sit down in front of the couch. "I have everything I need, but you know what? There is something you can do for me."

"And what is that?" She inquires as she pours herself a glass of grape juice.

I turn around and smile sweetly at her.

"You can let me borrow 'The Lion King', 'Pocahontas', and 'The Aristocats'. So that I can watch them while I'm studying."

Yeah, I'm a little kid at heart.

Aren't we all?

"Now, you know that you are not going to be studying if you're watching those movies, Jazz." She protests as she places the grape juice back in the refrigerator.

"Haha, yeah, you're probably right." I agree with her as I turn back around.

She's right because when I watch a Disney movie, I can never finish anything.

I love Disney movies....a lot.

"Okay," I sigh as I open my notebook. "then let me borrow your new Janet Jackson album. I tend to work better when I'm listening to music."