I Could Fall In Love..179..

"Ken," Janet begins, walking outside behind Kendra. "how did you get into Jazmyne's room if the door was locked?"

Kendra dangles a key in Janet's face and smiles deviously.

"Is that the key to her room?" Janet asks.

Kendra beams then stuffs the key into her front pocket.

"Yes, Teyonna had an extra key made a loooooong time ago. You see, Jazz loves locking people out, so we stole her key one day and made a copy."

Janet smiles at the friendly conniving ways of Teyonna and Kendra.

"So what did she do when you stuck your arm in her room?"

"She just gasped." Kendra shrugs.

"That's it?"

"Yup."

"She didn't yell anything or charge over to the door?" Janet blinks as Kendra shakes her head.

"She didn't do anything," Kendra shrugs again. "I told you she just gasped a little."

"Oh," Janet sighs. "Do you think she's answered the phone?"

Kendra shrugs once more.

"If I wanna tell Michael what's on my mind Siggy!" Teyonna yells just a few feet from Janet and Kendra. "I will tell Michael what's on my mind!!"

Janet shakes her head as Teyonna and Siggy argue some more.

"I hope she answered." She mumbles. "Answer the phone, Jazz."

*

"Baby? Baby, are you still there?" Michael asks softly. "Baby?"

"I'm not," I sigh and hold back the sudden urge to scream at him. "I am not your baby, Michael."

"Jazz, you will always be my baby." He guarantees. "Always."

The thought makes me roll my eyes then I walk over to the edge of my bed to sit down.

"Michael, why don't you let Shana be your baby?" I hiss, comfortably crossing my legs. "I mean she was yours, according to her, plenty of times, while I was out cold in a coma."

I think I hear him wince, but I'm not quite sure.

"That was a mistake," Michael speaks softly. "I don't want her. It was a mistake, and, baby, I'm sorry."

"For what?" My tongue is riddled with bitter acidic anger.

Michael sighs heavily, and I can practically feel him rubbing his forehead from frustration.

"For hurting you." He speaks, hoarsely. "I never meant to hurt you, Jazz."

"Who says I'm hurt, Michael?" I scoff at his audacity to tell me what I'm feeling.

"Your actions."

"My actions?" I deplore with a look of disgust. "You haven't seen me, Michael. How can you speak on my actions?"

"I don't have to see you to know how you feel, Jazmyne." He grits, obviously thwarted from my attitude. "Babe, we're connected in sooo many different ways, emotionally....physically. Even though you might not want to acknowledge it right now."

"What's to acknowledge, Michael?" I ask smartly. "Our entire relationship was a lie."

"No, it wasn't!"

There's anger in his voice, but I don't give a fuck.

"Michael, you cheated on me at my most vulnerable and unaware state. Therefore, you showed me you didn't give a fuck."