I Could Fall In Love..187..

"Dance with me, baby." Will smiles, obviously trying to one up Michael.

I look over at Michael, and he doesn't say anything, he just holds his hand out further to me.

What am I gonna do?

Teyonna and Keri stand to the side, studying me, so they're no help.

Shit.

"Baby." Will smiles, but his eyes aren't, they reek of 'you better choose me or shit ain't gon' be pretty'.

Fuck.

I swallow deeply staring at both Michael and Will.

Who am I to choose?

Michael?

Will?

Will?

Michael?

Damn, why are they doing this to me and at my birthday party?!

"Who will she dance with?" Keri whispers to Teyonna as the lights dim to compliment the slow dancing.

Teyonna shrugs as I walk between, then away from, Michael and Will.

"What is she doing?" Keri squeaks as I walk away.

Michael and Will follow me with their eyes.

I'm not gonna dance with either one of them.

Time to show them a thing or two.

I spot a man, who's obviously a fan, wearing glasses and a black suit with suspenders standing beside the punch bowl.

He must have won a contest or something to be here, because I don't know who he is.

Who the hell has Teyonna invited to my party?

"Hi, excuse me." I smile, stopping in front of him ."Hi, would you dance with me?"

He drops his punch glass, and stares at me in awe for a second.

"Would you?" I smile bigger. "Will you dance with me?"

"Y-Yes." He stutters and I take his hand. "I would--hell yes!"

I smile, pulling him out on the dance floor, as Will and Michael watch.

"Th-This is a nice song." He compliments as 'I Could Fall In Love' continues over the speakers. "You have such a beautiful voice."

"Thanks." I smile to keep him comfortable.

"I've been a fan of yours from the beginning, Miss Chante, and you're soooo beautiful. I mean you're soooooo fine."

"Thanks again, and please, call me Jazmyne." I insist as we slow dance across the floor. "By the way, what's your name?"

"Baldwin." He blushes.

"Baldwin?" I nod. "Nice name."

He snorts and smiles. "Thanks, Jazmyne."

I giggle at his nerdiness. "You're welcome, Baldwin."

I can still feel Michael and Will's stares.

This dance is getting more and more awkward.

"Baldwin?" I sigh.

"Hmm?" He hums, looking away from me.

"You can put your hand on my waist." I direct. "You're slow dancing all wrong, honey. It's okay if you place a hand on my hip."

He has my right hand in one of his hands, but his other hand is on my shoulder.

This isn't how you slow dance.