I Could Fall In Love..136..

"Dionne!" Diiiiioooonnne?" Keith yells, banging on the front door of her apartment. "Dionne! Are you in there?!" He presses his ear against the door. "Damn!" He punches his fist into the palm of his other hand. "What did Kandice do?" Is the door unlocked? Keith turns the door knob, answering his question. "It's unlocked." He whispers, opening the door, before slowly walking into the apartment. "Dionne?" He softly calls. "Dionne?"

*

"How are you gonna find out?" Jackie asks Jermaine as he cleans his sunglasses.

"With your help." Jermaine gestures then wipes dust off the side of his car.

"My help?" Jackie points at himself.

"Yup." Jermaine dusts his hands. "Your help, bro."

"What do I have to do with this?" Jackie shrugs. "How can I help you?"

"You dated Keith's sister, right?"

Jackie nods. "Yeah, so."

"Give me her number so I can call her." Jermaine says with his hands out. "Because I think we need to discuss some things with her."

Jackie arches a brow and studies Jermaine's unapologetic face.

*

"Pregnant?" I take a step back from Kendra. "By who?"

Kendra swallows hard and stares at me.

"You're pregnant, Kenny?" Teyonna asks as she walks over to us. "You're pregnant?"

"I could be." Kendra sniffs and wipes her nose.

"By who?" I ask again as she gives me a lazy look. I catch her drift and slowly gasp. "DEVONTE?! YOU'RE PREGNANT BY DEVONTE, KENDRA!!??"

Kendra wipes a tear as it rolls down her cheek.

*

"Dionne?" Keith calls again as he closes the front door behind him. "Are you here? It's me, Keith!" He looks around the messy room. "Damn, what did they do in here? It looks like world war three happened in here." The room literally looks like it's been turned upside down and shaken for days. "Diiioooonneee?" Keith singsongs as he picks up a piece of hair from the floor. "Did my sister kill you?"

As Keith rounds the corner, he turns on the hallway light and immediately gasps at the sight before him.

*

"Please, no." Teyonna shakes her head. "Please, tell me you're not pregnant by him, Kendra! You're pregnant by DEVONTE?!"

Kendra's silence seemingly answers our lingering question.

I shake my head and stare at her in disgust.

I can never shine alone can I?

I can't believe this.

My best friend, excuse me, ex-best friend is pregnant by my first love?

This can't be real.

It can't be.

I refuse to believe this is real.

Kendra sniffles through her tears.

Why is she fake crying?

"You had sex with more than just him though, Kendra." Michael interjects as he walks up behind me. "There could be a chance the baby is Trey's."

Kendra scoffs. "Kinda like Jazz's baby could be Keith's?"

Michael glares. "I wasn't trying to be rude, Kendra."

"And Keith's dick accidentally slipped into Jazmyne's pussy!" She patronizes. "Whatever, Michael. Go somewhere else with that shit."