I Could Fall In Love..144..

"Thank you for your cooperation." The police officer smiles as he stands from his chair.

"Thank you." Teyonna smiles back.

"No problem. We'll find them in no time." The second police officer assures before he walks away. "We'll find them."

"I hope so." Kendra stands too. "I hope so."

Kendra turns to Teyonna as she wipes tears.

"I can't believe that asshole did that to Jazz, Kendra." Teyonna sniffles as she wipes more tears. "I can't believe my best friend's in that operating room fighting for hers and her baby's lives, because---Oooo, if I ever see that bitch again I'm gonna beat her ass!"

"I know, Teyonna." Kendra comforts her. "This is crazy, but we have to be here for Jazmyne."

Teyonna looks at the floor and rubs her arms. "Kendra, what if she, the baby, or both don't pull through?"

Kendra sighs and pulls Teyonna into a hug.

"They'll pull through, Tey. They will, don't worry."

Teyonna sits back down and starts crying again.

Kendra looks away and shakes her head to hold back tears.

*

"What are you doing here?!" Michael yells again as Jackie pulls him off of Devonte. "Why the hell are you here?"

Jackie places a hand on Michael's stomach and pushes him back.

"I'm--" Devonte begins.

"What's going on?!" Keri raises her voice as she runs up with Rob right behind her. "People are saying Michael Jackson's girlfriend's in the OR. Did something happen to Jazmyne?"

No one speaks a word then a look of horror spreads across Keri's face.

"Something happened to my bella!?" She screams. "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BABY?!"

Michael looks away and Devonte sighs.

"We believe she got thrown down some stairs." Jackie answers after no one else offers. Keri gasps for air as Jackie continues. "She's pretty beat up, and we don't know what's going on now."

"And it's your fault!" Michael shouts, pointing at Devonte. "I know your ass had something to do with this!! I KNOW YOU DID!"

Michael throws a punch at Devonte.

"MIKE!" Jackie shouts. "NO!"

Rob catches Michael's fist before it reaches Devonte's face and Devonte steps back.

"Take him to the waiting room." Trey suggests as Rob holds Michael back. "We don't need the King of Pop causing a scene."

Michael yells more at Devonte as Rob pulls him away.

"I KNOW YOU HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT, DEVONTE!! AND IF JAZZ DIES I'M GONNA---"

Jackie turns his head away as Michael collapses in Rob's arms and starts crying.

"Sir, are you alright?" Rob asks with concern as he holds Michael up.

"If I lose her, Rob," Michael sobs. "I don't know what--I don't know what I'll do."

"It's okay, sir." Rob pats Michael's back. "She's going to be fine. She's going to be fine. Miss Jazz is a strong woman. She'll be fine."

Michael lightly sobs as he slowly walked away with Rob.

Jackie narrows his eyes at Devonte when Michael and Rob disappear into the nearest waiting room.

"Damn." Trey hisses.