I Could Fall In Love..146..

"She doesn't have any bed sores, does she?" Keri asks the nurse as she watches her finish sponging Jazmyne off.

Jazmyne's still in a coma.

"No ma'am," The nurse shakes her head and grabs a bed pan. "none whatsoever. The ones she had are healed."

"Great." Keri looks down at Jazmyne and adjusts the blanket around her abdomen. "Oh, and thank you. Thank all of you. You have been so great to Jazmyne, and me, in these last three months. Thank you."

"It's my job." The nurse smiles. "But you're welcome. Call me if you need anything."

"I will." Keri sighs as the nurse walks out of the room, leaving Keri and Jazmyne alone.

Keri gently touches Jazmyne's cheek as Teyonna waltzes into the room.

"Hey, Teyonna."

"Hey, Aunt Keri." Teyonna smiles, holding a box of donuts. "I brought breakfast."

"Great." Keri smiles as she walks over and hugs her. "Girl, I need some. I am hungry."

"How are you?" Teyonna asks as she places the box of donuts on the dresser next to Jazmyne's bed.

"Ooo, Lord." Keri groans. "There are no words, sweetie. I just want my bella back."

Teyonna watches Keri stretch and yawn.

"You should go get some fresh air, Keri." Teyonna suggests. "I know you haven't been out since yesterday."

Keri rubs her neck and stares at Jazmyne, lying motionless.

The feeding tube whirs as it delivers nutrition to Jazmyne's tummy.

"I can't believe it's been three months, Teyonna. Three months of this and she still hasn't come to."

"I can't believe it either." Teyonna stares at Jazmyne. "But I'll sit here for three hundred years, just to see my sister wake up again."

Keri smiles as she walks around to rub Teyonna's back.

"She'll wake up soon, Tey." She kisses her forehead. "Don't worry."

"I'm not." Teyonna lightly smiles. "I know she will. I know she will."

"Well, I'm gonna go get some fresh air and some coffee." Keri announces as she grabs a donut and walks to the door. "I'll be back later."

"Alright." Teyonna nods as she walks over to the recliner on the other side of the room and sits down. "Time to watch some 'Maury'."

Teyonna giggles to herself as she turns on the TV and flips through channels.

-

"Found it!" Teyonna laughs out loud as I slowly open my eyes.

Where am I?

God, my eyes feel heavy and my throat is dry.

What's going on?

"Maury, that baby is his. I have eight other kids, and they don't have small ones, but he got a small one. Just like his daddy."

"Damn, that's wrong." Teyonna snickers. "Just gon' tell about the man's shortcomings all on TV. He can't help his penis small!"

I sighs slowly as I blink my heavy lids.

Where am I?

I feel like I should be in pain, but I'm not.

I stare up at the ceiling and rub my lower abdomen.

Why did I do that?

As slow as I can, I prop my head up on a pillow and look up at the TV.