I Could Fall In Love..164..

"Wh-What?" Kendra stutters, forcing a smile. "I did what?"

"You slept with Devonte, didn't you?" I ask, although I already know the answer to my question.

"No," Kendra shakes her head. "no, Jazmyne, I didn't."

I arch an eyebrow at her.

"Tell the truth, Kendra." I smile. "Come on, it's obvious."

"How?"

"The way you shot back into this studio when you saw me and him talking in the hall." I point out. "You slept with him, Kendra. Didn't you?" Kendra's shoulders heave and she stares at me as if she's preparing to run or something. "I know you did, Kendra. Don't even lie to me. I know you slept with Devonte." She stares down at the floor, a clear confession, and we stand in silence for a second. "Although that was a bitch move, and oh so trifling." I begin ending the silence between us. "I'm not gonna fight you or end our friendship over it." Kendra's head pops up and she's clearly relieved. "You didn't have to tell me you did it, Kendra," I continue, staring into her eyes.. "because, I'll let you in on a little secret--"

"What's that?" She asks softly.

"I don't care."

Kendra's eyes widen. "Say what?"

"I don't care." I repeat with a smile. "Kendra, I love Michael, and I have no reason to try and fight or hate you because you slept with my ex-boyfriend. Devonte means nothing to me, so what you two did, doesn't matter to me. And if you, perchance, did it again, I still wouldn't care."

"But you wanted to kill me before." Kendra's voice quivers.

"Maybe because I was still holding on to something with him." I guess, because I don't remember caring. "I mean, I don't know. All I know is people tell me Devonte was a big, but not so good, part of my life. In addition to that, those same people also tell me that you have been an amazing friend to me, Kendra. So when I do or if I ever remember what Devonte meant to me in my past, it won't change my future with anyone including you."

"You don't remember Devonte?"

"No," I shake my head. "and I don't remember you either."

Kendra's eyes search mine, because she's obviously confused.

"Then how did you know we slept together?"

I shrug with a light smile. "Call it woman's intuition."

"Shit, I'll call it anything as long as we're still friends." Kendra jests to lighten the mood.

"Forever." I hold out my pinky to her.

"Do you know the handshake?" She asks with a smile, staring at my pinky.

"I don't know," I smile, knowingly. "let's see what happens."

Kendra hooks her pinky in mine, and from there we go into a handshake that I didn't even know I knew.

"For life!" We shout in unison then bump booties.

I smile as Kendra covers her mouth in amazement.

"That's our secret handshake, Jazz." She marvels.

"I know." I smile bigger then she pulls me into a hug.

"I love you, girl."

"I love you too." I giggle as we walk out of Studio A arm in arm.

After we walk out, I see Michael's waiting for me, just like he said he would.

"Go hang with ya man." Kendra whispers in my ear as Michael walks up to us. "I'll see you later."

"Alright, later."