(S)he's good to you

Why am I not surprised you two found each other?

-Miranda Bailey

Laughing upon Arizona's failure to catch the ball, she walked over to where Mark was at first base. When Jackson smashed the ball, she had run to home, closely followed by him. Squirting water into her mouth, she swallowed and smiled at him.

"Nice throw," she complimented and he smirked.

"You like that?"

"What if I do?" Chuckling, she brought him down for a quick kiss. His gloved hand came to her waist and she was about to pull away when he reached for another kiss.

"Sloan! Hey, Sloan!" Derek was yelling at them and Emily vaguely realized they should probably listen but she merely chuckled, feeling his lips leave hers.

"Yo!"

"Focus! Hello?" Emily smiled to herself, kissing him twice more before pulling away.

"Okay." Still in his arms, Emily found herself cupping his face and kissing the corner of his mouth before walking behind the fence. His eyes trailed after her and when she glanced over, their eyes met. With a wink, she twisted her shoulder towards her in a coy image before heading for the dugout.

"She's good to you. It's sickening," Lexie teased as she ran past and Mark rolled his eyes at her before slapping his gloved hand.

"Play ball!"

.

"You should stop spoiling me," Mark scolded as she stared at him incredulously. Setting the tray on his lap, she fiddled with the fluffy robe belt cinched around her waist. Today was the day of the game and she knew it meant nothing, yet nerves tangled in the pit of her stomach.

"I haven't had enough chances to do so,"

"I'm married to you. That's being spoiled enough."

"Don't get sappy on me, Sloan," she warned. "How do they taste?" Rolling his eyes, he cut a slice of the waffle and popped it in his mouth. The flavours come gently, sweet and fragrant.

"These are really good."

"Good. Now I'm going to pump my breasts before going for a run. It's your turn to bring Everett to daycare." She turned and headed back for the living room as he enjoyed his breakfast in bed. Confused at her sudden even-more-than-usual generosity, he finished off the waffles and fruits that had topped them before getting up and setting the tray in the sink. Everett was in his highchair and upon the table was a bowl of fruit puree.

"Hey, kid," Mark greeted as he grabbed his own bowl and poured himself some cheerios before adding milk. "What's on the schedule, today? Crying? Napping? I think we should work on finding a new favourite toy. What do you think?"

"I think he doesn't care as long as he's with you," Emily called from the couch. Mark sent her a look and she challenged it when she glanced at his bowl. "Sorry my breakfast wasn't good enough."

"No, it's just we gotta fuel up for the game."

"Baseball? Really? Our asses are gonna get whooped no matter how much we practiced, or didn't practice." She turned back to reading his notes on endoscopy head and neck cancer resections. He was still deciding whether or not to focus on this or facial reanimation. On one hand, one was a longer term project he's had since nearly two years ago while the other was... well, cooler.

"Hey, that may be true but we're a team." Everett took hold of his bowl of pureed fruit, and raised it up before letting it drop to the floor. The spoon clattered as some of its uneaten contents splashed out. Mark sighed, grabbing it and placing it back on the high chair table. Everett only took the bowl and dropped it again, waving happily with his spoon. Again, Mark picked it up but before he put it back in his place, he held a finger at his son.