Boys Are Stupid

Noah,

Like, Okay. So Derek DIDN'T sign the divorce papers. Which makes me exponentially angry. And Jeremiah died, so Dr. Bailey is in a terrible mood. Jeremiah was like her really old patient/friend person. And Cristina lost her baby and she was like fine and then she wasn't and she wouldn't stop crying. I think she's okay now. Oh, and Ellis Grey was at our hospital, and George lost her twice.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't be using hospital computers to type emails but my texting bill just ran out and I haven't paid it yet. But just finished rounds as an update, and there was this guy with a herniated disk who was watching Nasty, Naughty Nurses 4 to release endorphins. Which... although an unusual kind of pain relief, is actually quite affective.

Gotta keep this short cause I'm with Montgomery-Shepherd today and she needs me to check up on a placental abruption patient. Take her to pre-op and all that. Hope you're staying safe whatever you're doing in New York and that you can respond soon.

With all my love,

Emily

.

"What was that?" Emily called as she walked up to Izzie, Cristina and Meredith, all in some state of sadness or annoyance. "The lights are shorting out." Izzie turned around, walking past her. "Uh, okay? Hi, Iz,"

"Boys are stupid."

"I know," She agreed, finally reaching the other two. Leaning over the rail, she glanced at them. As she approached, Meredith left, going down the stairs. "Well, okay then. Bye, Meredith,"

"Yep," Cristina muttered, glancing at her hands. Emily sighed, looking at the activity below. She spotted Meredith crossing the floor before straightening up. "Burke wants a relationship."

"I heard Derek didn't sign the divorce papers," she said under her breath. Cristina regarded her for a moment before turning to look out over the waiting area again.

"Boys are stupid."

"Sing it,"

.

"Your ultrasound reveals minimal tearing, so we're just going to keep monitoring it, and it should heal." Emily smiled, placing the wand back on the machine. The woman on the bed smiled, laughing.

"Oh, thank god."

"I'll be back to check on you later," The intern informed, "And I'll update you on this," She pointed at the blacked-out lights. "Have some rest, Mrs. Wong." Patting the woman on the shoulder, she left the room and stopped at the nurse's station, giving it to the woman behind the counter. Noticing a presence by her side, she turned to face the OB/GYN.

"Dr. Moore, how is she?" Addison asked, her face barely visible.

"Fine. Tear is healing up nicely."

"Have you seen Derek?" She fidgeted, pulling at her fingers. Glancing at her toes, she shook her head. "Can you tell him I'm looking for him?"

"I'm on your service and I'm kind of avoiding him because he said he would sign the papers," the brunette admitted, looking at the tall redhead. "He didn't sign the divorce papers yet." The change in Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd's face was visible to even a blind person.

"He didn't?"

"No. I can understand that, I guess. You're like family." The attending looked away, expression thoughtful before giving her a small smile. "Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd?"

"Thank you,"

"You're welcome? Where are you going?" She called after the attending who started walking rather fast in the direction of the O.R. as the lights flickered on.