Chapter 33

The world was a cruel place. Of course, almost everyone knew that. Some make an attempt to shield others from the harsh reality, but it's no use. They find out someday. They all do. So why bother?

I'll tell you why. I'll tell you why we're here, in this small town known as Beach City. It's because four people raised one person, attempting to keep his innocence, to protect him from the horrors he will face. But they clearly failed.

They failed, and the product of this failure stood in front of them on four legs, no emotion in it's eyes as it lazily flicked its claws at the things around it, buzzing like annoying little mozzies.

It showed to emotion, no remorse, no nothing. So why do they try to get him back? It's because they care. They care more than he could ever know. They united themselves to help him, like he had helped them on numerous occasions.

They cried for him, mourned for the friends he had taken from them, but they still loved him, and would do anything to get him back. They understood, that under pressure, anyone could crack. Steven has only been delaying the final results, but it wasn't only pressure which fed the fire of problems inside of him.

Responsibilities, expectations, and what was going to happen to him after everyone moved on also fuelled it. What would happen to Connie, his best friend? To the gems, the people he loved and grew up with? His Dad, which brought him here, who he also loved with all of his being?

Steven knew no one could answer that but the person themselves. But he let it get to him. Years and years of trauma built up, but he hid it deeply inside of himself, so deeply, in fact, not even Steven himself knew it was there, until it burst open, changing not only him, but also his physical form.

His friends and family had a plan in their head. They would restrain Steven. That was it. What would happen next? No one knew, but no one wanted to speak up either. They couldn't, and didn't want to think about how they had been so blind, and let a fellow Crystal gem, a family member suffer for so long.

Steven seemed to be getting annoyed though as the gems advanced on him as much as a magpie would when protecting its nest. He growled, but no thoughts entered his mind. No emotion crossed his face.

He roared onto his hind legs and water once again shot out of the water to restrain him. Although this time, with two Lapis's instead of one, he went down. It still caused them a lot of strain, as Steven was a diamond and it was becoming a struggle to hold him down.

"S-someone get Bismuth and Pearl!" Our Lapis cried, struggling as a few droplets of sweat glimmered on her face. Bismuth and Pearl had been striking up friendly conversation, trying to ignore the roars and growls of the monster.

"Listen here, Lapis told me to get this hunk o metal over to them." Jasper growled, walking over to pitch in carrying it. Bismuth nodded. They quickly carried it over with the extra help from Jasper and made surprisingly quick work of shoving it on Stevens face. Though, Pearl worried that sounded too violent when she thought about it.

Steven made the decision to shoot out some flames, but that plan literally backfired on him. He fell to the ground with a groan. "Well, that was surprisingly easy." Lapis commented.

The air filled with silence, until Peridot broke it. "So, what do we do with him now?"

——————————————————————————————————————————————

WELL, I can say I am in tears after the final episodes. I will not be spoiling any of it though, so don't worry! And a question for those of you who care, after the story is over, do y'wanna see some of my original plans for the story?

- Salty

Butterfly wings

And poison stings,

None of it stopped

He stared at his clock

It was almost time to leave,

Because he did what he pleased.