Chapter 28

Garnet pulled Amethyst back as the the wood in front of them exploded in bright pink flames. "There's not much we can do about him, but we can move the people out of the way!" Garnet yelled as his tail attempted to knock them over.

"On it!" Amethyst responded, leaping in between Stevens claws and over to the over side of him. Confused, he shot a few small flames from his jaw, but they disappeared. Suddenly, an idea formed in Garnets head. "Amethyst! I know I sent you over there, but I have an idea, so return when you can!"

Amethyst let out a small sigh and ran over again. "Yeah?" Garnet pointed at the smoke curling around Steven's horns. "We need to get him to breath fire around us so the smoke can momentarily blind him while we wait for the other gems." Amethysts eyes lit up. "Great idea!"

Garnet crouched, then quickly jumped up at full force and softly patted Stevens snout. Confused, and rather offended, Steven shot a bolt of flames in Garnets direction, only for it to explode against a rock. "My turn!" Amethyst yelled, jumping up and waving at Steven.

With a huff, he reeled back and more flames tumbled out of his mouth in an uneven flurry, crashing against Fish Stew Pizza and setting it ablaze. "MY SHOP!" Kofi cried, falling on his knees as the shop quickly burnt down.

"Oh, and try to keep it away from the boardwalk." Garnet said. "And cry later, you could get hit." Steven lifted a claw and stomped it down, the force blowing Amethyst away. "The smoke is clearing up!" She yelled, landing heavily on her side.

Garnet nodded, before jumping onto Stevens head and grabbing a horn. Steven shook his head, and Garnet jumped off. He turned and made brief eye contact, before flames came rushing towards her like a wave at the beach. She barely dodged and the flames crashed onto the sand.

Thick, black smoke blinded Steven now, and he was shaking his head and violently waving a claw around. Amethyst summoned her whip and tried to distract the claw waving at his face. It worked, as it unintentionally reached out and attempted to grab her, only to miss.

"Amethyst! We need to move everyone while he's distracted!" Garnet yelled, ushering people away. Amethyst hurried over to help her. Crowds of people softly whispered among themselves, fearful looks upon their faces. "Excuse me, what's happening?" A voice called out.

"Keep going! We have no time for questions!" Garnet said, a loud sigh coming out of the persons mouth. "U-uh, Garnet?" Amethyst said from somewhere. "Keep moving! We have to hurry!" "Garnet." Garnet didn't seem to hear her.

"Garnet!" Amethyst yelled. "Hm?" She finally responded. "Look!" Garnet turned and saw Stevens face a few meters away from the crowd, a murderous glare in his eyes. She gasped. "RUN!" He pounced forwards as the crowd scattered in different directions, he wood on the boardwalk giving out and snapping under people's feet.

Cries echoed around her and Garnet held her head. The sounds all moulded into one and she couldn't tell the difference between them. Although, it sounded like someone was calling her. Finally, she managed to mentally grasp what the person was saying. 'Look out?' Why would someone tell her to look out?

Her eyes blinked open as something snaked it's way around her. "GARNET!" The same voice screeched with so much horror, she might as well of been a horror movie protagonist. But Garnet hadn't any time to actually see the speaker, as she came face to face with something much worse.

"S-Steven, wait, d-don't you remember?" She choked, feeling her eyes sting as a pressure slowly rose in her chest. "I-I-" She felt a few cold tears glide down her face. "I'm sorry I failed you Steven." She whispered. "GARNET!" Amethyst cried again, seeing her poof into a cloud of sparkling clouds.

————————————

Haha. Enjoy.

- Salty

Someone he could be

That was the key

Nothing else mattered

He felt so flattered

Until it stopped

And he just dropped.