Chapter 25

Pearl fell over, her eyes warily glancing over to Steven, who stood tall on two hind legs, looking over Beach City. Wait, that reminds me. Her head tilted to look at Garnet, who was angrily stomping over to a dazed pile of gems. Her plan failed.

That was unusual for her. But then again, she said her future vision was playing up. "You alright?" Pearl swung her head towards Bismuth. "Yeah, it's just.. I feel useless. We don't know how to help Steven and.." Pearl cut herself off, shaking her head.

Bismuth set a hand firmly on her shoulder, a wide smile on her face. "Oh, cheer up Pearl! I'm sure we'll find a way!" Pearl let herself smile back, before standing up to dust herself off. "Everyone! Come here!" A commanding voice yelled.

She turned and saw Jasper, Bluebird and the Lapis tied up, an unreadable expression on their faces. "We will have to think of a new plan while Steven," Garnet glanced towards Steven, unsure, and continued. "does that. We know he is too strong for water, so what could we use?"

No one spoke up. "Come on, there has to be something." Garnet angrily muttered to herself, rubbing her forehead. Bismuth stood up. "I have an idea!" Everyone glanced expectantly towards her. "What if we built a giant muzzle out of metal, and other strong materials?" How could that work? Pearl thought, but everyone was desperate, so they agreed.

"You are in charge then Bismuth. Tell us your whole plan." Garnet said with a small nod. "Ok, Peridot, Lapis and I will go back to the temple and build, you three keep an eye on Steven, ok?" Steven slammed down and shook the ground, most of the gems falling over. "Hurry!" She yelled, running off as the other two flew behind her.

He took large, but slow, deliberate steps forward, a huff rumbling out of his throat. "If I found out that you escaped, you'll wish you hadn't." Garnet growled to Jasper and her crew, the Lapis looking terrified.

Steven reached down and plucked a random person off the ground, and that person turned out to be Sourcream. "We need to get that citizen!" Pearl yelled, pulling out her spear.

They all jumped up, Pearl grabbing a large horn on the corner of his mouth to balance herself. Steven took no visible notice, but a growl rumbled in his throat. She began to lightly walk over to his mouth, but when she was above him he tilted his head back so she fell back as well.

"Pearl, wait!" A voice called, but Pearl instinctively put her spear behind her to catch herself. She felt her spear make contact with something, and a loud, pain filled roar echoed around Beach City.

————————————————————

Hey, enjoy enough chapter. This is where the fun will begin! (Mostly for me)

- Salty

Tears falling down their faces

Water rushing to its destination

They couldn't go to their usual places.