Chapter 21

Connie clutched the carpeted floor, seeing her fists turn white as the figure in front of her fell to their knees. If she was found out now, all she had done would've been for nothing, heck, she didn't even check on Steven before she left! I'm the worst friend ever. Connie sadly thought, tears stinging her eyes.

And she was about to loose everything. Surely her parents would ground her and take away her sword. But a small spark of hope ignited from the darkness as her mother spoke. "Why would you check under there?" Her dad paused. "What? It's worth a try." Connie wiped a tear off her cheek.

"Oh, do you think our daughter is an idiot?" "No!" Her father spluttered, taken aback. "Then why would you check in such an obvious spot, if she even was here, she'd be smarter than to hide under there, so get up and help me look in better spots!" Her father sighed, defeated, and heavily got up.

Connie's heart was slowing down. Relief danced in her eyes. "It must've been something else." Her mother finally gave up. They walked out and switched the light off, slamming the door shut. Connie rolled out from underneath the bed, stretching before grabbing her sword. She's have to be more careful, otherwise she's get caught.

She tiptoed over to the window and opened it, pulling herself out. She closed it and slid to the pipe. She threw her sword down and mentally prepared herself. You can do this. She grabbed the pipe and slid down as fast as she could, flinching as she heavily hit the ground. The sun was barely setting, but dark clouds covered most of the sky, the air was damp, the promise of rain as the clouds seemed ready to burst.

Connie flinched and pressed herself against the wall of her house as a flash of lightning hit the ground, thunder roaring overhead. She picked up her sword, and began to run towards the boardwalk.

Amethyst kicked open the door and ran towards the warp pad, slightly sliding across the smooth surface. In a second, she was warping. Light and dark blue flashed around her, until her feet made contact with a surface again. She ran towards a small makeshift house, and entered.

"Hey! You three!" She called, seeing three head turn towards her. "Oh, hey Amethyst!" Bismuth said, waving. "Why are you here?" Lapis asked. "I'll explain on the way, just come with me!" She heard the three scramble to get up as she landed back on the warp pad.

Once they were all on, she took the, back. "So, mind explaining why you need us? We were right in the middle of re-watching Camp Pining hearts!" Peridot said. "Alright, something's wrong with Steven, and don't ask me to tell you." She paused to look at them. "I'll show you, but you can't do anything."

"Well, it couldn't be that bad." Peridot laughed, the other two joining in. Amethyst flinched. Just you wait. She thought darkly. They landed and she sprinted out, a boom of thunder ruining the silence.

"Stay here, I'll see the situation." She ordered, leaving them behind the cliff so Beach City wasn't in view. She saw the monster Steven using his tail to ward off Garnet and Pearl, while he ate whatever remained in the Fry shop. She pulled out her whip and ran over.

"Have you got them?" Garnet yelled. "Yes! What do I say?" Amethyst responded. "Show them!" Garnet answered, jumping away as Stevens tail slammed down. With a nod, Amethyst ran back. "Did you hear the sound of wood cracking? I suddenly feel the need to find out what it was and fix it." Bismuth complained. "Oh, you're back." Lapis said. "You ready to show us?" Amethyst nodded.

————————————————

Enjoy another chapter, and I just want to let ya'll know, I'm here to talk if you're feeling upset or worthless. I just hope you all are safe.

- Salty

Darkened skies wind blowing cold

Not a trace of life

They believed what they were told.