Chapter 27

Pearl waved her hand, her spear disappearing in a cloud of sparkles. She ran over to Garnet and Amethyst, who were crouching over Connie. She was covered in small cuts, but even Pearl internally cringed seeing the worst.

"Connie, Connie." Pearl repeated, running a hand through her hair, tenderly reaching out to touch a small piece of wood lodged in her leg. "P-Pearl, how bad is it?" Connie said, trying not to cry as she held Amethyst hand with all her might. "I.. we need you mom." Pearl said, carefully wiping some blood.

"No!" Connie yelled, startling all the gems. "Connie, we don't know enough about human bodies to help you with this!" Connie shook her head. "I might've maybe ran away.." She said in a quiet voice. "Well, we have a bigger problem than your mother being mad at you." Garnet said.

Pearl picked up Connie. "I'll take her to her mother!" She said, carefully navigating around Steven as he slammed his claws down onto the wood. "Pearl, I can't go back. My parents will ground me and I'll never see you.. or Steven again." She said in a small voice.

"Connie, they have to understand the severity of the situation to lessen the punishment. If they don't, I'll try talking to them." Connie stared at Pearl with her eyes glazed. "Th-thank you!" She said, letting the tears fall as she clutched Pearl's arms.

The streets passed in a blur as Pearl slowly got closer and closer to Connie's house, until they were standing in front of the door. She carefully reached out a hand and knocked politely. A few yells were heard, before the door opened. "Look, I told you we don't care about buying you cookies." Mrs Maheswaran said with her hands over her eyes.

"M-mom.." Connie choked out. Pearl saw her moms eyes open. "Connie! Where have you been, why are you-" Mrs Maheswaran began in a stren voice. Her eyes trailed down to the wood in Connie's leg. "Connie! How did you do this?"

She shot Connie a soft look. "Bring her inside. I have a few tools we can work with, and if it's bad enough I'll take her to the hospital." She said, turning and rushing inside. Pearl nodded, walking forwards and whispering to Connie, preparing her student for what was coming.

Bismuth shook her head, bits of sand flying off it. "Alright Peridot, Lapis, you've brought enough!" She yelled over the small mound, as the two dropped some metal with a thud. "Phew, I'm glad." Lapis said, stretching her arms and wings.

"Peridot, I'm gonna need you metal bending powers over here!" Bismuth said while standing up. "On it!" Peridot responded, scuttling over. "So, I need you to bend the piece here, so it can be connected there.." Bismuth said, waving her hand around to point out the pieces.

Lapis sat down and observed as Peridot prepared herself, a focused look coming across her face. Slowly, the metal started to stiffly bend. "Keep going Peri!" Bismuth shouted. It seemed that Peridot was struggling for a moment, before she let out a sigh as the metal moved into place.

"Good work, Peridot!" Bismuth said, softly slapping her on the back. "Thanks!" Peridot said with a smile. "We should hurry, we don't know how much-" A loud roar cut off Lapis, and the ground softly shook for a moment. "Yup, good idea Lapis!" Bismuth said, concern in her voice, as she hurriedly ducked down to continue.

——————————————

Sorry, I was gonna post on Friday but I left it too late, because I went somewhere over the weekend that I couldn't take the device I wrote on.

- Salty

Chipping away at something divine

They felt guilty because he acted fine

The pain and suffering, he didn't let them keep

By the time they found out, he was in too deep

Useless, was what they all felt

And the town they knew began to melt.