Chapter 15

{SENSITIVE TOPIC BROUGHT UP! READ WITH CAUTION}

Amethyst slightly backed up recognising the tall figure who stared at the, now unconscious, Connie. "Hey! I'm here!" She yelled, pulling out her weapon from her gem as quickly as she could. The figure turned to meet her eyes and grunted in disgust. "Hmm. Oh. It's just you, runt."

Amethyst felt her body go stiff as Jasper looked her up and down. She was tempted to call for Garnet and Pearl, who were attempting to stop the rouge Lapis from crushing them with a tidal wave. Jasper summoning her weapon caught Amethysts attention. "Get ready." She growled, lowering herself.

Amethyst decided against calling for help, beginning to swing around her whip. Jasper charged headfirst, aiming for Amethysts gem. She nimbly jumped out of the way and guided the whip towards Jaspers helmet, wrapping it around and yanking her into the air. She jumped up and slammed Jasper into the sand.

"Not bad." A voice echoed from the sand, Amethyst using her whip to blow it away. "Get ready for my- huh?" She scanned the small crater, looking for a sign of the other gem. "Y'know, you should feel good you got a compliment from me." Her voice growled as Amethyst was thrown.

"A defect such as yourself should also feel good that they've survived this long." Amethyst knew not to let Jaspers words get to her, but they were bringing back unwanted flashbacks. She shot up and rapidly spun herself, flames outlining her figure as she charged as Jasper.

"You're worthless by yourself," she continued, not being affected as Amethyst shot into her chest "without your friends, you're less than nothing." Jasper gripped Amethysts hair, slamming her repeatedly into the ground. She finally let go, as Amethyst realised that she was laying next to Connie, too tired to get up as Jaspers heavy footsteps walked towards them.

"Have you ever thought how much of a burden you are to your 'friends'?" Amethyst weakly clutched the sand as Jasper stood over her, finally letting the insults sink in. "A useless piece of stone, you can't even defeat me?" She mocked, once again grabbing Amethyst by the hair.

Amethyst refused to make eye contact with Jasper. "It's pitiful. You've given up already?" Jasper slowly lifted a hand, reaching for Amethysts gem. "I'd be doing them a favour for shattering you." Amethyst felt tears sting at her eyes. "Maybe we should wait for them to notice us. Surely you'd want to see their happy faces as a burden was removed from their lives."

Amethyst didn't care Jasper was seeing as she began to sob, the tears falling into the sand. Jasper has a way with words, and Amethyst was always letting her insecurities be affected by Jaspers comments. "Crying? Really? Pathetic. You're really something else. Not only a defect, but weak emotionally. No wonder you're useless in battle." Jasper said, deciding she had enough as her rough hands secured around Amethysts gem.

"Maybe I'll give you time to think about the burdens you've put on your friends, and all the mistakes you've made." Jasper said, pulling out Amethysts gem. A cloud of smoke engulfed her and a faint scream was heard as Jasper turned with a smirk. She dusted her hands and dropped Amethysts gem onto the sand next to Connie.

Garnet and Pearl turned towards Jasper and Amethyst, the Lapis's gem secured in the temple. "Amethyst!" Pearl screamed as she exploded. "Pearl, we need to take Jasper together. But Connie needs to be inside, so I'll quickly take her and you hold off Jasper." Garnet instructed, not waiting for a response as she jumped over Jasper.

Pearl gracefully summoned her spear, tightening her grip on it as Jasper approached. "Well, it seems the ownerless Pearl is here to play." Jasper growled, summoning her weapon. Twisting her spear, Pearl shouted "You may have gotten Amethyst, but you'll never get me and Garnet!"

"Well, maybe Amethyst won't come back. We've had a talk, and she realised all her mistakes." Jasper smirked. Mistakes? Pearl let her guard down for a split second, and that was all Jasper needed to kick her into the rocks. She charged forwards as Pearl shot lasers from her spear.

Jumping into the sky, Pearl aimed for Jasper and impaled her shoulder, the orange gem letting out a small groan of pain. The spear disappeared into sparkles as Jasper ripped it out, only to be pierced by another one. "Ugghh.." Jasper groaned, jumping up to Pearl, and head butting her.

In a cloud of sand, Pearl lay. Jasper barely missed her gem. "Has it appeared I've already defeated you?" Jasper cockily said, circling Pearl. "N-no!" She gasped, getting up. "This will be fun." Jasper said, rubbing her hands together. "Pearl!" Another voice yelled, causing both gems to look up.

Garnet stood near the edge of the cliff before jumping down. "Pearl, listen." Garnet said, before leaning in and whispering to Pearl. Jasper got worried as a smile formed on Pearl's face. "What are you up to, Crystal Gems?" She asked, slightly backing up. "Nothing of your concern." Pearl giggled, her gem glowing.

Jasper clutched her fist, face distorting with anger as she realised what was happening. "Of course you resort to your cheap tactics!" She yelled, running back behind her.

——————————————————

Hey guys, super late chapter, I know, I'm sorry. I wish I could've said it was a cliffhanger, but I wasn't feeling motivated. But no matter, here's your chapter for now. And also, I know it's late and this might seem stupid, but I'm honoured to have around 1k reads. Thanks you guys so much for deciding to read my story.

- Salty

Questions arose just like his hands

The house in shambles, with nowhere to stand

The only weapon, the blade of a fan

And in pain he'd clutch his hand

They stared on uselessly, fear on their faces

But alas, they knew, they had sealed their fates.