Chapter 20

Garnet's breath wavered as she fell onto the ground. How had she not expected this? "A-are you to alright?" Pearls shaky voice quietly asked. "Yep." Amethyst responded. Garnet did not respond. She simply sat up and stretched back her arms.

"We need to go." "But Garnet-" "Now." She cut Pearl off and summoned her gauntlets. She stood up as a scream rang out from around the corner. Reluctantly, Pearl stood up and pulled out her spear. They ran forward, Amethyst hurrying to catch up.

A scaly pink tail slithered away in front of them, softly bumping against the wall. "We need to restrain him!" Garnet yelled. "But with only us three, how?" Amethyst yelled in a strained voice.

Garnet turned to make eye contact with her. "Oooohhhh." Amethyst winked, before turning to run back. "Where's she going?" Pearl asked, still not catching on. "You said it was impossible with the three of us." Garnet simply answered, the realisation in Pearls eyes growing. "Now come on!" She yelled, as they turned the corner.

Connie snuck around her house, eavesdropping on the yelling inside. "I swear, you want to argue now? Connie is still gone!" Her mother yelled. "So? This is just as important! It'll help us find her!" He yelled back. Connie sheepishly tugged at her sleeve, hearing the yells drone on.

She slowly clambered back up onto the roof, the sounds of her parents yelling blocking out any soft groans the pipe made until she settled on the roof. I can't believe I forgot my sword. She thought. She crawled towards her window, but.. was the yelling getting closer?

No. She thought I'm just being paranoid. Connie opened the window and slid inside, closing it behind her. "I know I left it in here somewhere!" She angrily muttered to herself, beginning to open her draws rapidly. She quietly ran towards her cupboard and opened it louder than she thought she should've.

"Yes!" She whisper yelled, pulling out her sword. Sudden fast footsteps made her realise her mistake. Rolling under the bed, the door slammed open. "Could it've been her?" Her mother's voice rang out.

The light flipped on and footsteps instantly made their way to her bed.

————————————

Hello. Chapter. Goodbye.

Dusty dunes and sun kissed rocks

Crushed beneath a higher force

Wind running down the blocks

Cries unheard but not unseen

Dread falling upon their faces

It claws glowing a silvery sheen.